Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend is here, what's cooking?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Uncle Phil got me interested in shis-ka-bobs. Max, got me going in the brisket flat direction with his contest. Sorry Max, but I think Eggers should know what kind of competition you're up against.
Fishlessman got me interested in ribs, even though I wondering about the corned ribs.[p]It is beer thirty in Missouri, this link has a lot of sound if you are at work. But it is funny.[p]Have a great weekend.[p]Mike

[ul][li]Beer is not a toy.[/ul]

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Car Wash Mike:[p]Have a overnight brisket planned for either tonight or Saturday night (just haven't decided which yet). Other than that, it will be what ever the much better half decides I need to cook :)[p]Have a GREAT weekend!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    i LOVE those monkeys!!![p]gee now it's out that i'm competing in an unusual brisket competition at my temple tomorrow. . .against a bunch of old jewish ladies (i know of at least one other guy my age cooking). ..celebrity judge is mark silverstein from foodtv's "best of" show. ..should be fun. . .i do know that i'm the only one cooking a brisket out doors (my pot roast style brisket on the egg). . .i'll report, win or lose ( and take my lumps from all of you if i do, heee). ...

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning mad max beyond eggdome:[p]Once Silverstein sees the egg, maybe you can talk him into doing a "best of" at Waldorf?!?!?! Best of luck in the "competition".[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    SSN686,
    those were my thoughts exactly. .. if not waldorf, certainly atlanta....they do 'best of' festivals all the time on that show...so why not an eggfest. . .

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    SSN686,
    Even though I can't be there, that is one HE(( of idea. If anyone can pull it off it would be max.[p]Have a GREAT weekend yourself.[p]Mike

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I bought 8 butts from sam's and plan on cooking at least half of them tomorrow, if not more.[p]Hooray for pulled pork!!
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi Car Wash Mike,
    That would be Uncle Phil's kabobs tomorrow & for Sun. a brined turkey ala John Ash. Another eggsellent weekend.
    Good monkeys.
    bruce

• egghead2004
    egghead2004 Posts: 430
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Just got my fist one!! [p]The menu,
    Garlic crusted pork tenderloin with rasberry chipotle glaze over wild rice.[p]Saturday
    over the inlaws, they'll be cooking for me for once...a hearty Spanish beef stew.[p]Sunday, still up for debate.

• BucsFanJim
    BucsFanJim Posts: 161
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Having some friends and family over on Sunday for the race.[p]Menu:
    *Appetizers*
    Boiled peanuts
    Bacon wrapped shrimp skewers <dizzy dusted>
    ABT's with out the bacon (jalepeno boats, maybe?)[p]
    *Main Course*
    Garden salad
    Pulled pork
    Drumsticks-"Finger Lickin' Pickin" sauced and finished with a dunk of Hooters Mild
    Red beans and Rice[p]*Dessert*
    Peanut butter pie
    Chocolate cake[p]Have a great weekend all.

• Car Wash Mike,
    Man, did I get a kick out of that. [p]Thanks,
    Bordello Bob
    Having my first "V" over rocks

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]My cooking partner and I have a practice run going on Sunday, then cooking some "stuff" for some friends as long as the big cooker is fired up. So far the menu is:[p]6 butts
    4 briskets
    36 chicken thighs
    4 racks of ribs[p]Starting first thing on Sunday AM, should be done by early evening. Funny part about this is that only one of each is for us, the rest is going to friends. Funny how that happens when they hear the big cooker is fired up. "Do you have a little extra room for ....". Wish I had a dime for every time I've heard that.[p]It will be a great cooking day. Hope everyone has a great weekend.[p]Troy

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, Tomorrow will be Tsunami Spin wings and a big three onion salad. Sunday will be little baby backs and baked Mr. Potato with a plop of butter and sour cream.
    Caveman Clay

• Central Pork
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Tonight I have wet aged ribeyes going as we speak. Tomorrow I have 3 racks of baby backs and 1 rack of beef ribs trimmed from the ribeyes. All going on with the Wicked Good Charcoal. BTW it really is a bit slower to get up to cooking temp , but once it gets there it goes. It also doesnt seem to be nearly as smokey as the other lumps I have used, very mild.
    CP

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    CentralPork,
    Thanks for the update.[p]Mike