Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Top Sirloin Roast - How?

Options
tstick
tstick Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Friends: I have a 4 lb pork top sirloin roast to cook over the week end. It seems pretty well marbled but no fat cap to speak of. Should I go lo n slo or try for a 425 for 45-60 minutes? Thanks for your help. tstick

Comments

• a stick
    a stick Posts: 69
    Options
    tstick,[p]Dad, where to you find this stuff?

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    astick,
    i think the bigger question is. .why didn't dad invite son to dinner????. ...maybe you need to check the will and make sure your name still shows up :-)

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    astick,
    I saw one in an Apple Market today.[p]CWM

• tstick
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, We live 250 miles apart. However, if he and his were closer we would definitely be cooking and dining together. If fact, he would do the honors as he won the last contest we were in and made me look bad. After all I've done for him!!
    tstick

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    tstick,
    LOL. . .what you need to ask him is, 'you know all that money i spent raising you?, well you need to ask yourself, was that a gift or a loan!" ...[p]that, and as my dad always tells me. ."live long enough to be a burden to your children.". . ..

• tstick
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Your dad was a wise man. I still need some tips on how to cook this thing. Any suggestions?? Thanks, tstick

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    tstick,
    he stilll IS. .heee . .. as far as your roast (i guess after the fun i at least owe you a recipe). ..if there is no bones in it, what i'd probably do is butterfly it out flat. .my wyoming connection sister taught me a pretty simple recipe that is nice. ..get a box of stoufers wild rice stuffing mix. ..mix it with 1/3 cups less warm water than it calls for to soften it up ...peel and cut up a couple of apples. ..i season the meat with some dizzy pig raging river or dizzy dust. ...spread on the stuffing and apples ..roll it up and tie it, wrap it in bacon and put in the egg at 350 degrees indirect till done (around 140 is where i go). .. . its good stuff. . .