Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spice storage

Ripnem
Ripnem Posts: 5,511
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I remember a thread from a couple years back that I thought was pretty interesting and some downright funny. Well I am pretty much finished with this little lagging kitchen project and thought some of you may have interest in this method of storing spices. I saw it first on the food network, I think whatz's nuts Alton or something did it on his set. What really drove the little containers was AZRPs' way of buying spices, from the produce area in the little plastic bags. If you compare the price of one bag of spice, which is 2x more product, plus a magnetic container, with the same bottle of spice in the spice isle, it's a wash. The little containers can be found at Bed bath and beyond. And ya, it is 10 different kinds of salt, but I'm working on it. :P

So lets see all the different methods, gang.

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg
Still need a few more containers for a couple stragglers in the drawer. And if DOW sees this, my 9 batches of chili gobbled down all the medium chimayo. :(

Comments