Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Idiot or Inmate on Craigs List?

loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,759
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Both! And their telling the world! :laugh:

I can't for the life of me believe someone would answer that listing. Maybe I'm missing something. :unsure:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    the "$1" thing is just a placeholder. it's not really the offer.

the canadian wanted me to add:
    (their = not mine
    they're = they are)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    They aren't offering to pay only a dollar, they just listed something to get the ad out there. Pretty common practice.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I didn't like that just there

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Actually I over looked the $1 a factor .

I was trying to say they are asking someone to sell an egg to them. I don't believe anyone will answer the add. At least I would not.

Thank Steven for me. :laugh:
  • stike
    so that ad of yours under "casual encounters" ism't really for a dollar. damn
  • stike
    that was pretty funny. i stand corrected.
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    I've got a picture of you with Ed Fisher's golf cart that I would let go for $1
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Don't think I'm going too far out on a limb with the guess of leavenworth prison in Kansas. I catch your drift!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Probably "ism't" Mr grammar police....LMAO...find a new sandbox..
  • stike
    You need to keep up

Why is it you only notice when I'm fooling around? The grammar goofing has been a theme today, and more than a couple involved.

Someone has a big chip on his shoulder. And guessing by what time it is, a few crowns under his belt too

Post a cook or turn in your sash, hall monitor
  • WessB
    In a little more than a week I'm gonna hook up with a woman that had way more insight and understanding than most forum members at the time including myself and that has been quite a while ago...the fact that Melissa had the foresight to call you a dickhead when most thought you were an asset just goes to prove her judgement or insight...and I got her back at this point..you are a dickhead..and just use this forum for your personal enjoyment...quit believing you're anything more..don't assume based on the time of day I'm drunk..
  • WessB
    BTW....I made a truce call in e mail the last time we went thorugh this...offered a phone call to resolve our differences..you refused......so quit with the friggin forum showboating and the drunk accusations...either face it like a man or tuck your tail...you play WAY to many games on this forum..
  • stike
    To quote a once relevant former elder: "LMAO"
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Federal "Motel" ;)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I'm not sure if he would take a dollar for the casual encounter, but I
    did run into a truck driver from North Carolina that said he would trade a BBQ T- shirt for it! :woohoo:
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    To crawl back on topic (and pretend the entire intent of the original post wasn't a joke) ... When you post in a subcategory of the "for sale" section, you're required to enter a price. Those erroneously posting wanted ads in the for sale section, usually enter a dollar. If they were in the correct category ("For Sale/Wanted"), then there's no amount field to fudge.

The problem is, when someone is looking to sell something, they don't first go looking in the "wanted" section, to see if there's already a demand for it. The only real way for those "wanting" an item to get their ads noticed, is for them to put their "wanted" ad in the same category as those people selling similar items.

I've sold a lot of things on Craigslist, and have never looked to see if there were people posting "wanted" ads, first. As a seller, I'm more likely to get a better price, if I put my item out there for everyone to see, and let demand determine the price. If someone wants something bad enough, they're going to keep looking for it, not just sit there and wait for someone to drop it in their lap.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    A mini might take some work sneaking in. I'm sure a couple guards are good for a few steaks off them!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota