Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Good, Back & Ugly

Options
Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After 15 hours cooking the 10#'s beef ribs and then getting ready for the next phase, here I am tonight.

The GOOD; using the meat from the ribs to make some beef barley soup this pm.

GOODDSCN1046.jpg

The BAD; Had to put the stock in frig and 6 hours later removed 1/4" grease. using the apprx 1 1/4 gal of stock for the barley and french onion soup to be made soon.

BADDSCN1045.jpg

The UGLY; the bones left over, a friend's Chihuahua dog loves them, bite size. Well worth the eggfort.

UGLYDSCN1048.jpg

The French onion soup is next. Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Looks like a Pot'O'Gold to me! :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Nice post Richard. ;)

I'm gunna have to keep up with this cook. ;)

Thanks for posting it. :)
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Those look like good cold weather soups. Temps must have dipped below 80 today down south. :laugh: Could use some of that soup up here. Cold rainy and news said low 30's by morning. So far all looks great. Waiting to see the onion soup pics when your done.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    Looking forward to the soup pics ;) Nice job :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Richard, That stock is beautiful! That'll have a killer flavor.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE