Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butterfly Pork Chops

OB1
OB1 Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to barbeque Butterfly Pork Chops 1 ¼ thick? Should I use Direct or Indirect heat, what temp? What is a good rub for chops?

Comments

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    I would go direct-- 350 to 400. My general recommendation is to start with Salt and pepper and add what you like. However, the simple Cold Mountain Rub is a good place to start.

mix equal parts kosher salt, sugar, black pepper, and paprika. Apply generously or to taste.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    are they 1-1/4 to begin with? if butterflied, they'll be pretty thin. i might suggest not butterflying at all.

if they are that thick AFTER laying them open, then i'd say grill them. indirect would be roasting

any temp will do the trick. 400 is smack in the middle.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    OB1: Are you adding any stuffing? 1 1/4 inch total thickness? Regardless, I would recommend direct, pull at 137*-140 tops for internal temp. 10 minute rest, then enjoy. Any rub you favor would be fine. If these are your first chops on the Egg, you may want to just try S&P.