Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1 Million Scoville Pepper Extract

N.E. EggerN.E. Egger Posts: 39
edited 10:14PM in EggHead Forum
I'm not going to be first.
http://www.ashleyfoods.com/Products-A-to-Z/
Glenn
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,283
    Girlyman B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Somehow I knew you would be the first to respond. :laugh:
    ·
  • JerzeeJerzee Posts: 84
    Yeesh! If you look like 5 more products down, there's one rated a 5 million. :sick:

Also, collectors edition hot sauce? Really? :huh:
    ·
    Ha! I think you and I could drink the stuff. bill and JL could too. Zippy is a girl.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • N.E. EggerN.E. Egger Posts: 39
    Did you see the disclaimer?
    Glenn
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,130
    These are hot enough for me...

green%20peppers.jpg
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I'm with you on that Carolina Q ... and that's with a Mylanta chaser on standby!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
    :laugh: My Jolokias will be ready to transplant in about a week.
    ·
    Ya gonna send me some la hossjok? My kids ate the last batch.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,328
    There isn't enough ice cream :laugh: :silly: :laugh:
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    A couple years ago at the Fiery Foods convention in Albuquerque, someone in a booth named Defcon put a single drop of some sort of capsicum extract on my tounge. I have never before or never will again experience anything like that. Sheer pain. This is the a$$hole that did it. -RP

http://hotsauceguru.com/tag/defcon/
    ·
  • U2U2 Posts: 26
    Years ago we had a bottle of hot sauce similar to this and it was so hot I wouldn't use it.
    On the jar it claimed to be useful for adding a kick to recipes by using drops, and also as degreaser for the driveway lol.
    I only used it once and ruined a batch of chili with it.
    Anyway one of my sons decided to help out around the house and chose refrigerator clean-up as his chore.
    Once he finally got to the hot sauce to discard it, he proceeded to empty it down the sink.
    After a few seconds of breathing in the vapor as it was going down the drain, he developed a severe nose bleed, and his eyes became beet red.
    He recovered quickly after flushing with cold water, but I will never own the "insane type" hot hot sauce again.
    It should be classified as a caustic chemical rather than a food sauce :ohmy:
    ·
    You are at the TOP of the mailing list. ;) What is the penalty for shipping untaxed moonshine internationally? :blink: :huh: Nevermind,I forgot about NAFTA! :laugh:
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,756
    7.1 Million Scoville Units if your willing to spend 89.95 for the bottle.

http://www.insanechicken.com/the-source-hot-sauce.html
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Blair's 16 Million Reserve - Very Limited Supply

No relation, I can imagine why a very limited supply! :laugh:

Blair

·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    bill's a little girl when it comes to peppers compaired to Zippy!! All he does grow the things to see what kind of pain he can make with them. I thank the chochlet covered ADP's he tryed to kill Zippy and me with were his meanest!! :whistle: I don't care for the really hot pepper sauses. Not becauses of the heat but because they get there hottness by adding processed pure caspin. Sort of like cheating to me instead of using the natural pepper's. If you want hot I'll get someone a bottle of 65% olium http://www2.dupont.com/Sulfur_Technologies/en_US/products/sulfur_technologies/oleum.html. That will do ya!!! :whistle: Got 7 Bhauts peppers up to the 4 leaf stage myself!
    ·
  • JerzeeJerzee Posts: 84
    Gator Bait wrote:

Blair's 16 Million Reserve - Very Limited Supply

No relation, I can imagine why a very limited supply! :laugh:

Blair

Jeez! Might as well just rub it on my butt right out the bottle and skip the mouth pain.
    ·
    Blair,

Just a quick calculation from the hottest and hot, I have at least 65% of those. I don't buy the ones with the really vulgar names.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    You may not buy them, but at least one guy I know sends them to you
    ·
    I knew you would pick up on that. That is not vulgar. There are quite a few that are pretty tasteless.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I'd bet that dudes who buy those are less the Sir John Gielgud type and more the "hey guys, watch this!" type.
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Your a lot braver then I am Steven, I run scared of anything hotter then black pepper, mild jalapeños or pepperoncini. I used to be able to take the heat but something has changed in my chemistry I guess. Ever since my heart attacks 15 years ago I have been a major wimp when it comes to the hot stuff, much to my regret. :(

Blair

·
    Brad,

Yeah, y'all hold my beer and watch this.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,518
    I have a bottle of DA ' BOMB. A pure habanero puree. $40.00 for 4 ounces.
    Just insert the tip of a sharp knife ito the botle so it makes contact with the sauce. Then dip that amount into a regular size bowl of chili and stir around. It'll make a real believer out of you. HOT

:woohoo: :woohoo:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    jaydub58,

I have Da' Bomb in my collection. The refined ones are too hot and the flavour isn't there. Hottest one I've done is Pure Cap but I had it right out of the medicine dropper. Nasty!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Sailor71Sailor71 Posts: 34
    Hi Little Steven

I plan on attending Nieggera Fest again this year and would be able to bring you some fresh Jolokia's by then. I still have a couple xtra large Ziplocs of frozen ones from last year that I use for making sauces. I would be able to bring some of those to the Dickson Fest in Toronto if you like.

Russell
    ·