Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights dinner, thank yous, and a plea for help

Jerzee
Jerzee Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First I want to thank the great eggheads that populate this forum. You's (that's the north NJ equivalent of y'all) never cease to amaze me with your friendliness and quickness to help us new scrambled eggs.

Made some boneless chicken thighs tonight with DP Jamaican Firewalk, grilled veggie skewers with Shaking the Tree, and some ABT's with Red Eye Express. Yeah, I just received my first shipment of DP rubs, can ya tell? :blush:

The chicken came out perfect. On my old gas grill, it never failed, I would end up charring the outside and the inside would not be completely cooked. On the egg they came out perfect - 375 indirect.

Also made my first batch of ABT's - a first taste for me and wifey - and her conclusion was that they are "sinful". I parboiled the bacon for a minute which I learned here and the bacon came out perfect. Knocked back a few Ommegang Witte beers which made the whole adventure that much more enjoyable. By the way, if any of you are looking to try new beers, I highly recommend Ommegang: www.ommegang.com They are a Belgian style brewery up in Cooperstown, NY. Visited them last year while checking out the baseball HOF and much like the BGE has a cult following, Ommegang is slowly but surely taking over the world. Their beers are insanely delicious.

Now I have to work on taking proper pictures at select intervals through the whole process. I'm just a young grasshopper learning the Ways of the Egg and I'm having a blast doing it!

CameraZOOM-20110503174609.jpg
CameraZOOM-20110503174628.jpg
CameraZOOM-20110503174851.jpg

Lastly, I'm looking for a loving family to adopt my dog. He answers to the name of "Tiny". I can't afford to feed this damn thing anymore. :ermm:

whippetDM1207_468x669.jpg

Comments