Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another baby back rib question

Options
SmokinJ
SmokinJ Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This may sound strange but I'm cooking some baby backs for my Dad and now that he is older his teeth aren't as strong. hHe wants me to cook him a rack and make them really fall off the bone as in when I'm done cooking, he wants me pull the bones out and serve like a full rack together but no bones. I was thinking foiling longer any thoughts?. I don't foil when I do ribs usually but I'll give i shot.

Thanks

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    If you give them 1-1/2 hours in the foil, after a few hours at 250, you will have some non-tooth breakin rib meat. If they seem too loose then put them back on for half an hour or so (no foil) to firm up a bit.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I say go for foil. Pour a little cider vinegar and/or apple juice in a foil pouch with the ribs.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokinJ
    SmokinJ Posts: 220
    Options
    Thanks. I will give the foil a shot for 1.5 and maybe try some blues hog tennessee red in the foil pack.