Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have Egg issues with their neighbors?

Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I bought a house about a year and a half ago. Needless to say I got my XL BGE during the first Spring and the rest is history. We were lucky enough to get into a neighborhood that doesn't have an association so there were no rules about grills or smokers. Likewise, its a nice enough area so you don't have to worry about any troublesome neighbors trashing their yards, which is nice.

The house next door has been vacant for a long while and my Egg is on the side of my yard near to that property. The house is under contract now and the new owners will probably take posession by the end of the month.

I'm a little worried that they may complain about the smell during a long pork butt, or rib cook. Hickory smoke tends to be a little pungent. I personally love it, but some others may not.

Anyone have experience with neighbors who hate the smell of BBQ and complain? Crossing my fingers that they are cool.

MP

Comments