Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Does size realy matter?

LynevenLyneven Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been planning to buy an Egg for some time now, and this year's tax return is making it possible :) I'd always looked at the large model and assumed that's what we'd get, but now I'm wondering if the medium would make more sense. We're down to a household of two, but we grill a lot, and we tend to grill big stuff fairly often. We have folks over frequently (and I hear that ramps up after the Egg comes home). I want to be able to do two Boston Butts at a time, and I'd like to do ribs for 8 in one batch.

The difference in cost is not of too much concern - my bigger issue is the length of time it takes to get to cooking temp, and how the two sizes compare with regards to the volume of charcoal it takes per firing-up.

Many thanks to any of you who'd care to share your opinions and advice (and I hear that Eggheads tend to be an opinionated bunch...)

Comments