Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mrs. Dog\'s Disappearing Mustard

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It has been years since I've seen anyone here mention her mustard or other products for that matter. Years ago it was the rage on this board. I love it and use it on sandwiches of course - but also as an ingredient in deviled eggs and salad dressing. Julie and her husband are eggers, but haven't seen them posting in years either. Any others here still enjoy her products...let alone know about their well being?

BTW here's the link:
http://www.mrsdogs.com/products.html
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Her's is the only jerk seasoning I use...and just for the record...there are a lot of forum regulars..in fact..forum founders...from that era that you don't see posting anymore....kinda makes those that were around any where near that time wonder....LOL...then again..no it don't the forum sucks in general with respect to what it used to be....
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Seems to be a common theme with you Wess.

What is missing from years gone by? What is so bad now that was once so good? I'm honestly curious.

And even more so, if it sucks so much, as you are so quick to point out once a week or so, then why do you keep hanging around?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    if it's me, just let me know. :unsure: :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WessB
    There has been a lot less of my presence lately in case you haven't noticed...the common theme you mentioned only seems to be highlighted by yourself and Stike..neither which I choose to engage..take it for what it is....the fact that the elders and original members are no longer around speaks volumes.....If you really care to discuss why I mention that..you have "always" had the means to call me...I won't do that on this forum...
  • WessB
    NO...it's the tag team play the forum for a fool mentallity that those of you share...continue on...grasshopper..
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    A lot of regular old time EGG® folks have taken a permanent break from EGG things since January 2011.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Can't say I blame em. :(
  • Turk
    Turk Posts: 114
    Tell a newby, who is Mrs. Dog and what is so special about her mustard? Where do you get it or how do you make it. Maybe the forum was great in the past but it is still damn good.
  • RRP
    Just click on the site I posted and read however much you want to. I have no financial interest in my support of that product, nor ax to grind if you don't like it, or any other political or non-political point to be made!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Bobby, I'm so sorry about the way things have happened there, I hope the best for you going forward. -RP
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Mrs. Dogs hot sauce is off the chain. I bought some disappearing mustard years ago when the rage hit and I also bought a bottle of hot sauce. I only recently opened the hot sauce, and it is GREAT. ;)
  • Julies products are some of the best around!  I need to get some.  Miss all of you OG Eggers!  -Squeeze
  • Looks like great mustard! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I'm curious as to what happened in January 2011.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch said:

I think that is when they ported the forum over from the privately run and funded OG forum (greeneggers.com) to the corporate egghead.com forum. @RRP probably has more insight on that but I know it happened around that time.
  • More or less about that time. I think I had been egging about two years at that time. It took me awhile to switch to the new forum.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    The more things change the more they stay the same.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    was the year stike backed out of an eggfest

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    i think it was the year bge restructured management. bobby-q's position was terminated soon afterwards. pretty sure it was the year of the forum takeover as well
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG said:
    I don't know.  I do think this really did used to be a much friendlier place...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    HeavyG said:

back in the day when a member was driven off the forum they stayed away, not the case anymore =)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG said:

back in the day when a member was driven off the forum they stayed away, not the case anymore =)
    Ha!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Botch said:
    I think that is the year Ron bought Chase Manhattan bank. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    SGH said:
    Botch said:
    I think that is the year Ron bought Chase Manhattan bank. 
    NO NO NO - how many times do I have to remind YOU that was when YOU bought the controlling interest in the development of MOBIL 1?

It's no wonder you had to keep that a secret from your drilling platform pals out there in the gulf! They would have made you fish food!
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    NO NO NO - how many times do I have to remind YOU that was when YOU bought the controlling interest in the development of MOBIL 1?

It's no wonder you had to keep that a secret from your drilling platform pals out there in the gulf! They would have made you fish food!
    🤪

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @RRP
    I do have a little stock in Exxon/Mobil. But the key word is “little”.  

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    HeavyG said:
    I think I like it better now.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    edited October 2020
    To pull this thread closer to the tracks.  . . I really like Mrs Dogs disappearing mustard.  

Edit:  props to mrs dogs for having a 9 year old hyperlink still work! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    kl8ton said:
    To pull this thread closer to the tracks.  . . I really like Mrs Dogs disappearing mustard.  

I was stunned that link didn't return a 404 page.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    I was stunned that link didn't return a 404 page.
    Question. If she is still doing business, why would the link not work? 

Status- Standing by.