Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib Roast Dinner - Eggzelent!

RU EggsperiencedRU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,526
edited 8:55AM in EggHead Forum
Made a 5lb rib roast and it was VERY good.. Also made asparagus, baked potatoes and a warm goat cheese salad...All were Awesome

I did a low and slow indirect at about 250 til rib roast was about 110F and then seared on a spider and CI grid.. tented in foil til about 130 then sliced.. Used Dizzy Pig Cow Lick this time ad it was good!

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wonderful looking meal Jerry! It's been too long since I've cooked a rib roast.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,573

That's what I'm talking about. Nice!

Caledon, ON

• EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    I like mine Rare to Medium Rare and that is perfect. My wife on the hand likes it more Medium. Can't please them all. LOL

Great cook !

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That looks real good Jerry. I got to try that some time. :P
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Fantastic Jerry, yuuuuumm
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    Wow! That really looks great! Mike
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Rib Roast is my favorite egg cook, and you look like you aced this one!!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You nailed that cook Jerry! Horseradish too, very nice!
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RU EggsperiencedRU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,526
    Thanks Molly,

Just finished the leftover slice - Gorgonzola and Horshradish Open Face Sandwich on Ciabatta bread.. MMMM...
    I guarantee - it was very nice..Thanks!
    I think you are right - it is one of my favorite cooks and if done with care, very easy too!
    Thanks Beli - sitting here with an empty plate which held the leftover slice!

Time is right now! It has been on sale big time here for the last two weeks.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Wow!! What a great photo of the sear.
    Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    I like mine on the Rare side of Med Rare myself, but like you I have a wife that doesn't.... What I found is that you can sear one of the end pieces just a touch longer than the other side... And the end pieces are more done too..

Thanks for the complement....
    Hi Steve,

It was the talk of the house last night....Just the family so we had a bit left over - which was great too.!!
    I mentioned above that for some reason the Rib Roasts are on sale here.. I live in the ATL area. So the time is right!
    Thanks!! I used one of my really nice lenses in that photo..
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Eggzelent indeed! A feast at your house for looks like 3 bones - how many did this roast serve? Would love to try one soon. ;)
    Hi Elizabeth,

Very easy cook and well worth doing...

The 5lb roast served 5 people (2 kids and 3 adults). We had nice appetizers, wine and salads before so a bit left over.. Still the leftovers are great and I like a bigger piece so you can have good MR/Rare in the center and still have some approaching Med on the sides... I think we could have fed two more adults..
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Jerry, next time save me a big slice so that I can make a sandwich from your leftovers! :laugh: Mmmmmmm, that is a nice prime rib roast! :)
    If you were driving all the way from Dayton to get a slice of my Rib Roast - you are on! We are in ATL area..

Anyway - Thanks for the complement!