Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs in the rain

TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I knew it was supposed to rain here today and it did. But I had a taste for ribs and as shown here on the forum before you just keep on eggn'. Mike

DSC01418.jpg

Comments

• nuynai
    nuynai Posts: 101
    Looks like R2D2's brother. Way to overcome adversity
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Nice pic................where did the chimney cap come from?
    Thanx
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • TNmike
    It's a roof vent cap and you can get them at any of the 'big box' home improvement stores. Got the info here on the forum a couple years ago. They work great. Mike
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    You are what we call a committed egger! Love it!! :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Mike, How are they coming along?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • ChuggaBrew
    ChuggaBrew Posts: 57
    Been doing the same thing. But I have yet to get a shanty cap for my egg, I just have some scrap wood up above it. :blink:

DSCN0209.jpg

Please note that the unfaded spot on the cedar is where the gas burner "used to be"
    Also the plywood is there to help block the wind that kicked up today.
  • TNmike
    Molly, I was cruising along just fine with light rain showers for a couple of hours after that pic was taken and then a big rain front came through and dumped an inch of rain in less than an hour and then calmed down again. Got them off just before another front and another 3/4 inch of rain so didn't get any pics. The ribs were fine. Mike