Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have Eggs Will Travel: Campin' Egger's

Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The annual camping trip is almost here. We don't have a count down because Julie is not counting. Maybe because she can't make the trip so she figures she doesn't have to do a official count down. I am not to start trouble Julie BUTT.

So looking forward to some good eating, camping and good drink and the best of all Great Friends. There are still a couple sites left if you can make it. We have the sites from Wed. to Monday. The weather looks like it's going to be perfect so far. Our prayers go out to all the family's that were effect by all the storms.

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I wish I could be there with y'all Poot :( .Have a safe trip buddy,and I'll catch up with you on the next one ;)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Hey Sparky will see you up at the Ga. Fest. I will be there from Thurs. and staying to Sunday. We got to do up some good cooking and have some fun. So will catch you soon buddy. :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Doug,
    You are lucky you are not going. I heard Poot is makin his "famous" wing receipe again.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • "Sparky"
    HAHAHA,whew,I guess I really dodged a bullet then :silly:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    you are such a downer doug!!! i was looking forward to seeing you :(

next time you are getting dougnapped ;)

miss ya pal

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    can't wait. what are you going to cook? i will be there wednesday afternoon after the auction. so i guess we need to figure some grub outsometime. what are you planning to cook???

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• "Sparky"
    I really want to go Terry,but we have a cub scout camping trip on Lake Lanier the same weekend :pinch: .I'll try and make the next trip though :)
  • BENTE
    that is what you said about the last trip :laugh:

just know you will be missed

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I'm sure you will have a great time Mike. I can't wait for all the pic,s. ;)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Hey Terry, I figure something easy, with the long trip and then setting up. I know Kim and Ginny will be there late Wed. and they said they are going to eat home and then come up to setup. So I guess it's just going to be us right now Terry. I will do up dinner for us. Give me a call.
  • BENTE
    why dont i cook since you have so far to travel. i am only driving 30 or so miles on wed. so i will figure something out

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Mike,
    This is the Crescent Group Campground, right? I'm trying to pinpoint it on the map. It says it's off Hwy. 29......is it in GA or SC?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    He came up for the last trip - I vaguely remember some guy in a Jeep. I thought it was him anyway. I may have been drinking that weekend.
  • BENTE
    ok maybe you both missed the one whe he went to the scout trip. he brought the xl and had it on that scaffolding ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    it is in sc by about 300 yards

call me if you want directions ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Pork Butt Mike
    Terry that sounds good to me if you like to cook. Will be leaving Wed. Morning at 4am and I figure I be there between 3 and 4pm. Thanks bud. :woohoo:

John when you get there remind me I have a envolop for you for the Ga. Fest. See ya all soon.
  • BENTE
    ok i may even beat you there

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• egret
    It looks like the easiest way is through Hartwell.......(?) Watcha think? Also, what loop are you in? Would someone email me the combo for the lock at the gate?
  • BENTE
    if i were you i would come down 28 till you get close to anderson unless you think the trip to hartwell is closer. also you go to think about weather you are allowed into S.C. :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• egret
    You're a never ending source of humor!! :woohoo: Yeah, I forgot SC's standards are much higher than ours as far as letting illegals in.......we even let people in that stick their tongue's out at us!
    Anyway, it looks like hwy. 76 to hwy. 24 to hwy. 187 to hwy. 29 is the most direct. Does that agree with your Road Atlas mentality?
    And, what loop are you guys in?
  • BENTE
    yes it does. that sounds like the exact way i would go!!!

we are in loop A

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb