Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook....plus pics of table/BGE

Options
Brew'nQue
Brew'nQue Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
FINALLY finished my NakedWhiz inspired BGE table this morning (worked on it every night since last Monday). That means I was finally able to cut open the box to my brand new lrg egg and put it in its place! Here are a few pics of my table/bge:

DSC_0915.jpg
DSC_0916.jpg
DSC_0922.jpg
Here's a pic of what a brand new egg looks like inside, if'n ya mighta forgot. :P
DSC_0921.jpg

Don't have any pics of the maiden voyage that took place this evening, but I can give a recap:

Grilled some veggies (onion, mushroom, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, zucchini, rosemary, olive oil, sea salt, basil) @ ~ 400...came out great. Then revved up the egg to 650 to sear some KC strips. 2 minutes per side.......turned out being medium (140 degrees) when I was looking for med rare, but that's okay...learning experience. Still turned out very, very good! Very moist.

Overall, I'm impressed. I worked my ASS off this week to build the table, all while not even opening the box to my BGE (used it as a table top as I was working on the table actually). Spent a lot of time and energy building that table....and I can honestly say that it was completely worth it. This thing is the best cooker I've ever had. Love it.

Tomorrow: Pizza.

Comments