Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef brisket

Baby j
Baby j Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just put my first beef brisket on this morning. Could use some help. time/temp. Used Dizzy Pig Cow Lick rub.

jason hillenbrand

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Are you cooking a whole (packer) or just the flat? If whole I figure about 1.5 hours per pound.

There is a well informed discussion at this link. I would take you right to the discussion but rather this will take you to the front page of the blog. You might find some other things that may be of interest while mousing to the final page.

One at the link, mouse down to 'Recipes' and click - about middle of page. Once you are at the 'Recipe Section', mouse down to 'Beef' then 'Brisket' and click.

Playing With Fire and Smoke

You should find the writeup informative.

Congratulations Thirdeye, #1 spot on Google search.

GG
  • bsantos_5
    bsantos_5 Posts: 14
    I did my first brisket for easter. Read that Playing with Fire and Smoke blog above.

I had a whole packer brisket and it was just over 13.5 pounds. I did dome at 250 and it cooked for about 10 hours. I pulled at internal temp of 195. It turned out great for a first cook. Bark might have been a little over done but the meat was nice and tender.

Next time I might cook it a little slower at 225 instead of 250. I let it sit for about 30 mins and took the point off. Wrapped the flat and into a cooler. Cut up the point for burnt ends and put them back in the smoker for a couple hours.
  • Baby j
    Baby j Posts: 148
    Just the flat. Thank you for the help.

Jason Hillenbrand