Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

and she asked "aren't you done yet?"

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
stock piling lump that is! :laugh:

I just scored another 16 bags of Royal Oak Steakhouse Green at $3.99 from Menards.
IMG_2167.jpg
in addition to the 16 from last week.
IMG_2151.jpg

I'm now at an all time high inventory for me of 760 pounds. Most times I only buy on sale so I save a bundle that way - wish I would have had a huge petroleum tank and stocked up on gasoline a couple years ago! :angry:
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Yeah, I have 10 bags in the garage that I bought a few days ago, and am pretty close to going back and getting 10 more. 3.99 is just too good of a deal not to stock up, problem is it's between the lump and the child's outdoor toys, any one need a couple of scooters and a fire truck power wheel? :whistle: :P ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • RRP
    LOL - I know what you mean. I meant to remind people that sale goes off on Sunday so iffin you are going to buy you better get moving! At $3.99 I figured that was a 42% savings over the RO price per pound at Wally World. I know of no savings account that earns 42% interest so stock up! :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

If those are 10# bags, what a steal!!! Good price if 6#'rs.

GG
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Ron, have you considered seeing someone about this? There is help available. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    They are 8.8#
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I picked up my second load of 15 last week. Thirty bags plus my remaining four twenty pounders of Fire King is all I can store so I'm done for now.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I am rarely asked that question :ohmy:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Gooood price!!!

GG
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Have an eggfest?
  • RRP
    and use any of it? :( You don't understand people with hoarding issues do you? :woohoo:
  • Anyone know where in northern calif (close to brentwood) i can find that stuff? That's a great deal!
  • loco_engr
    Kent:

Yes it is! Prob going back to $5.98 as before the sale.

Hope this is an annual sale! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Think of all that money you've saved!! You can never have too much of a good thing... ;)
  • RRP
    Actually it has been an annual sale by Menards. I have a buddy who stocks up every year at this sale and that is the only time he buys his lump! I wasn't being a smarty*ss here when I said it is a 42% savings over our other RO source and why keep your year's worth of lump purchase money in a passbook account when you can "earn" 42% on your money on your lump inventory? And besides the IRS won't be taxing you on that 42% return!

(PS once a bean counter always a bean counter!) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    You got the lump that's for sure. :laugh:

If your like me I get gas from everything I eat or drink. I say stick a carburetor in a certain place and I could go any where! :woohoo:

Start with beans then go to boiled cabbage...never mind I don't think you wanted this post to go in that direction. :laugh:
  • loco_engr
    I believe Menards is more of a mid-western located chain.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Tim:

I think you zigged when you should have zagged! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • 2Fategghead
    OOps. :S :huh: :blush: :laugh:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    You are right on the midwest locations. Menards originated from Wisconsin I believe. They must do all right. They have their own race team in Nascar and Indy. I would guess they build nationally sooner than later...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Ron, you didn't stack them right! You can easily get 16 more in there! :laugh:
    I did my damage the other day.
    Every year I just go talk to the manager and they bring down a pallet in the yard right up to the truck :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Ron, I think I can empathize......

IMG_6587.jpg

:lol: , ran out when I read elzbth post about the Cowboy for $4, then ran out again when I read the Menard post.
  • RRP
    A rather colorful inventory there! I too have an assortment of brands. Both the red and green bags of
    Royal Oak, brown bags of Ozark Oak, more brown bags of Weekend Warrior and some colorful black and red bags of Chicago Charcoal that I've had for 10 years now as a 60 pound reserve!
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    My 15 bag inventory of Mendards RO seems minimalist now, it was never over 10 in the past...its a 20 minute drive so any extra will require me to be REALLY looking for something to do. BRB.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    eenie meenie, nice wall of lump art! Beautiful composition :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• 2Fategghead
    Here you go. :woohoo:

79980300.jpg

79980314.jpg
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    If I had a dollar for every time she asked if I was done yet, I'd be retired too
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante