Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EggFest 2011 Austin TX Update

Grilldog
Grilldog Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, Good ole Grilldog here. I'll be one of the instructors at Egg University for this years Egg Fest, this Saturday at the Iguana Grill on rr620. I'm really excited, H.E.B. "PLUS"on 620 and Anderson Mill Rd is providing the food for the Egg University! I understand the courses are going to be, Egg 101 (of Course), I'll be teaching Pork Tenderloin and Pizza (Mandola's in Bee Cave is providing the dough since H.E.B. doesn't carry dough!). Also they'll be a Tri Tip Class and a Chicken Tender Skewers class. I'm drooling already.

Looking forward to Saturday and hope to see a lot of folks there.

Stop by and say howdie, you'll be glad you did!

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sounds grate. Wish we were going to be able to make it. Y'all have fun.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Have you seen a list of who is going to be at the fest posted anywhere?
    Looks like the rain is going to hold off till Sunday :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    "sounds grate" good double entendre :laugh: Sorry you are not coming down to Austin :(
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Have not seen a list. Will probably swing by BBO today and pick up some rub and try to get more info.
    Question Mickey, What size ice chest do you bring to a fest and how many items are you cooking? I am planning three items and wondering if I am over reaching.

Thanks
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Grilldog
    I don't think a list is posted I do know that we are expecting about 350-400 people there. Currently, I'm trying to recruit some assistants to help me during the class and at my lil site. I'm working with the folks at H.E.B. today to find out what they are going to give me to personally demo at the fest. I'm pretty excited that such a huge local (TEXAS) company is joining the fest this year as part of Team Grilldog! woof. I'm really looking forward to my Pizza Demo. Mandola's out in Bee Cave is providing the fresh dough and it's to die for. Plus, H.E.B. is providing me some toppings imported from Italy. The only reason they are not providing the dough is that they don't sell dough they just have premade crusts brought in and I wanted to demo how easy it is to use fresh dough on the egg. So see everyone on Saturday! woof woof.

OH, I guess you can demo as much as you think you can handle.
  • The wife and I will be driving up from Houston Sat morning. We have been making alot of pizza with the prefab crusts so I'm stoked you're gonna be using dough in the class. What time will you be starting?
  • Grilldog
    I don't know the schedule yet. I know the classes are going to start around 10am. There's going to be 5 and they'll start on each hour, 10, 11, 12, 1 & 2. The first class is going to be Egg 101. Not sure how it's going to go after that. So for sure, no earlier then 11am. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hope that helps
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Joan I am only cooking one item and will have a small chest.
    I would like to visit all the people who I could not at Salado :laugh:
    People like you kid......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Mickey wrote:
    Joan I am only cooking one item and will have a small chest.
    I would like to visit all the people who I could not at Salado :laugh:
    People like you kid......

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday (or tomm night if you're going tot he cook's meeting).

Joan, I have routinely done 3 items, including wings which can go a couple hours, so 3 should be a good target as long as they are not lengthy cooks. I bring a big a$$ cooler, but I'm a freak!