Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MPs BBQ Chicken Fajita Pizza, leftover creativity.

Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to get a little creative with some leftover fajita chicken that I did two days ago on the Egg. I wasn't in the mood for more chicken tacos yesterday and I've never done a chicken pizza so I gave that a try.

Here are the results.

On the left you have homemade BBQ sauce (1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup apple cider vinager, 1/4 cup water, 1 tbs brown sugar, 1 tbs worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp mustard powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne). On the right in the frying pan I sauteed half a red onion, 3 cloves of garlic, fresh corn until they were sweated nicely. Then added the cubed fajita chicken. I then added the BBQ sauce to the frying pan to bring the flavors together.
IMG00352-20110427-1742.jpg

Put the BBQ, onion and chicken sauce on some pizza dough. Cut up some fresh buffalo mozzeralla and some basil, placed that on top and drizzled some olive oil on the pie.
IMG00353-20110427-1754.jpg

This is about at the 6 minute mark at 500 degrees, in total I cooked it for 12 minutes.
IMG00354-20110427-1804.jpg

First piece was MIA the second I cut it up. A pregnant wife in her 9th month doesn't wait for pics when she's hungry.
IMG00355-20110427-1810.jpg

Pizza came out so good and full of flavor. The buffalo mozzeralla's creaminess and relative low salt content complimented the bold BBQ, chicken and onion sauce.

One to add to the regular rotation for sure.

MP

Comments