Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Layout

Options
FSM-Meatball
FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I really enjoy the content and people on this forum, but the layout and navigation is a hassle.

Are there any plans to upgrade the system and provide a more up to date forum layout? There are a number of forum management systems available that would be a huge improvement.

Thanks
Greg

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    have you tried the threaded and or flat view. alot here hate the newer box forums
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Oh oh. Here we go!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FSM-Meatball
    Options
    Yes, I have tried both views and they are equally annoying. I spend alot of time in various other forums and I cant understand how anyone would like this better than a more modern layout.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    this place is a little more social and less get-me-my-answer oriented.

it's hard to explain... but other forums are set up to be streamlined and to compartmentalize things and store info i its own neat categories.

this place just historically operates differently. it's not for everyone, admittedly. but that doesn't make it bad, it's just different

in classic view, i can see who is replying to who, and dive in halfway thru a thread without having to read the first three pages of replies that don't interest me.

in another forum, i would have to go to "chicken", maybe see who asked the question, and who posted last. then open it, and scroll down. next oage, next page, next page and then "oh, fishlessman replied"

as it is now, i see a question, forty replies in a tree below it, notice fishless replied with a photo, and BAM. i'm right there.

works for me
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    So you would prefer the forum be "laid out" more like the recipe section...or did you even look at the recipe section....the forum is not a database but an interactive website for egg owners to exchange ideas and recipes and just plain BS with friends, sorry to hear you don't like that...sounds like you might be better suited to using google..