Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...I just learned something new

Options
Crimsongator
Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When looking at radar you see green, yellow, red and purple. When you see white, that means really big (baseball size) hail.

Good thing the egg are in the garage ;)

Comments

• AgDawg
    AgDawg Posts: 20
    Options
    Good Luck! Praying for all of yall down there.
  • Jerzee
    Jerzee Posts: 84
    Options
    Funny! I'm a Jerseyite who lived in Dallas for 4 years before moving back to Jersey. When I arrived in Dallas and had to get car insurance, I was offered the option of Hail Damage Coverage. This was a completely new concept to me. Hail in Jersey is wimpy. Needless to say, before moving back to Jersey I sold my car which at that point was so dimpled it looked like a silver golf ball. :P
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    That was like the concept of us buying earthquake protection one time. Insurance intrigues me. You can blow a roof off a house and they will pay for water damage from rain. If the roof stays on you get no coverage from a flood :blink:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I was watching some news this morning and heard you folks in Huntsville had a tornado touch down there. I did watch some live feeds from your local news and seen and heard reports of trees down everywhere. Is it true did you all have a tornado touch down near you? Hope you all are OK.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    There have been many reports of funnel clouds but I am not sure if anything has been confirmed as touching down. There has been quite a bit of damage in the area, including the campground at Guntersville State Park. Lots of trees down, roofs damaged or missing. The last line came through and the worst was 3-5 miles north of us. Mostly it has been straight line winds.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    We are and have been dodging all this as well. State wide we are getting it right now. :unsure:
  • patkline9999
    Options
    you learn something every day.
    Smokin' in the beautiful Oley Valley (in PA.)