Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OKC cooks

Options
Doug in Eggmonton
Doug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,999
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few people asked me about the cooks I did in OKC this year so here are some links to the bits and pieces.

The recipe for the Sichuan chicken is in the Florida fest cookbook that Egret just finished. The tricky ingredients are sichuan peppercorns which you can get here and chinkiang vinegar which you can get here

The recipe for the Almond Crusted Tilapia is here the only difference is I did the reduction in a ceramic dish on the egg then took it off the egg to whisk in the butter.

Doug

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks Doug!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Doug, looks good think I'll try that some day but I tend to stay away from recipes that call for >10 ingredients :blush: btw, it appears someone substituted rice wine (in instruction) with dry sherry (in ingredient list)? I plan to use XaoShing if/when I try this. Thanks for sharing.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Yeah I can't get XaoShing but thats what I would use. Sherry is what I do use.

Doug