Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Getting my Egg tomorrow

SnickersSnickers Posts: 50
edited 4:50AM in EggHead Forum
I'm getting my egg delivered tomorrow. I'm not sure what to cook, simple chicken or break it in with steaks.

The next day I will try the overnight 15 hr pork butt.

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Congrats and welcome to the madness! :laugh:
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Congrats on your new llifestyle...either one you try first should be a success...but you shouldn't expect to do a 15 hour pork should cook it until it's done..
  • Hot CoalsHot Coals Posts: 77
    Congrats and get ready for the maddness egging out of this world got my first in Feb. now have two good luck.
  • SnickersSnickers Posts: 50
    Whats the average time for a Butt ?
  • wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
    Welcome to the best place for help and fun. Good luck on the first cook and don't forget to post pics :)
    "Roughly" 2 hours per pound at 250 dome or 230-235 grid want to judge doneness on internal temp...for pulled pork shoot for 195 to 200...also if it's bone in make sure the thermometer isn't touching the bone..
  • madcooksmadcooks Posts: 11
    I'd recommend hamburgers so that you can see how much better something as simple as hamburgers can be on the egg.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,350
    go for chicken or pork loin. congrats on your new egg
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    Thanks...I'll put them on my list of things to try..
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Grats!! Cook what you like... its always better. :)
    Large and Small BGE *
  • TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
    On my first cook, I went to the store and bought 3 or 4 things becuase I did not know what to cook, ended up cooking three things, started off with brisket, the grill still had most of the lump and it was hot so I tried my hand at spatchcock chicken, finshed that and cooked 2 ribeyes.

My wife thought I was crazy, but she ate it! Told her I was practicing for the real thing.
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Welcome to Eggworld! I'm sure no matter what you try you'll do fine. As with so many others here learning to control temps will help alot.Good cooking, Randy