Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for Cordless Elect. Knife Recommendations

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

I don't have one but the Deluxe Cordless Fillet Knife Set (at Amazon) by Rapala (home page at Rapala) has always looked good and seems to get some of the best reviews. There are cheaper ones out there but they do not get the reviews the Rapala does. I know I like their fishing lures! Not cheap but then you probably get what you pay for. ;)

Blair

• loco_engr
    Options
    Thanks Blair, I'll take a look.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    3a988d01.jpg

I have the corded Rapala, it's 12V and comes with a converter box for home use. The cord is super long so you can clip it right to your boat or pickup battery, and it has 2 sets of fillet blades. Like Gator Bait said, Rapala is known for good quality so I would hope the cordless model is a good buy.

404a736b.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Appreciate the info.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    just curious...do you need that because you cut a "ton" of meat? I threw away our electric knife years ago as my sharp bladed knives go where I want and cut around bone, slice evenly etc. Maybe I'm missing something so I'm serious - please help me understand. :)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Well, here's my reasoning :ermm: :lol:

I usually grill a flatiron at fests and thought
    I'd might be able to carve a tad quicker.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I bought an American Angler at Academy based on the recommendation of the striper fishing guides at lake Texhoma. They filet 50 fish every day so they know what works. I have the corded one, I think they make a cordless.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I understand now. I OTOH love this Forschner slicer with the 12" razor sharp blade. This bad boy is quick and accurate.
    IMG_2613.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC01391a.jpg

Darn it, I thought you were a fisherman and wanted to upgrade to something a little faster... Hehehee.

In public, I like either a big fillet knife, or a big slicer. Either one will telegraph the image that you are a barbecue man that knows how to handle a hunk of meat.

DSC01599a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Thirdeye that Salmon picture just makes me hungry.

loco_engr - as long as you keep cooking flat irons and your morel sauce, I'll just come back and whack piece off with my pocket knife! :woohoo:
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    You wanna be my designated slicer? :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Just a note . . . there is probably nothing better then a good electric knife for slicing soft homemade bread or for slicing tomato's, tomato's you can get paper thin if you want, great for those sandwiches made with that soft homemade bread you just sliced. :lol:

Blair

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    the one posted from rapala is the one all the meat fisherman have, i dont have one because im real stubborn against electrics verse a traditional fillet knife. my neighbor runs a marina and fillets 30 to 40 lake trout a day, he has a rapala
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it