Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morels for Easter

loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,759
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Daughters B.F. dropped off a gallon bag.
He's either askiret of me :lol: or just knows I am a good person! :ermm: :whistle: :woohoo:

MorelsforEaster.jpg
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    We call them "Dry land fish" here in this part of Tennessee. :)
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    OK loco...I am SO totally jealous! I can only get the dried ones here... :( Enjoy those gems!! :)
  • loco_engr
    Good to know!

Just how far back in the hills are ya anywho? :woohoo:

Prob a good thing they have a short season, or alot of people be awful sick for quite awhile. :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Thanks LC!
    I am definitely going to freeze some for future mushroom sauce makin's!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Lucky guy! -RP
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hmmmmm! Lucky guy! We're expecting a great season this year as conditions have been almost perfect - I haven't found any yet but the paper says "some" were found this last week here.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    If you need need any help eating those morels give me a call, :lol: You are most fortunate!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    What a treat!!!
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Terrible year for morels here. Large swings in the temps when the peak should have been here about the 1st to the middle of April. Mike
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Ron getting close to your area. I have some friends in Southern IL and they are just starting to find some. Here is a link to a Morel Progression Sightings Map. I've followed it for several years and it's usually pretty close. Mike

http://www.morelmushroomhunting.com/morel_progression_sightings_map.htm
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    You better make sure she marries that boy :):):)
  • loco_engr
    Yes I am and I intend to milk it for all it's worth too! :)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    In full season here as a guy was selling them along the highway and had 3 large coolers of them. $30 a pound
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Better think 'bout the Denver fest then, rumored to be the last Sat in Aug.! ;)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Why Yes, they are! B)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Our weather wasn't the greatest but must have been just enough.

Good Luck!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    YUM! I think he's a keeper ;-)
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Dan, I didn't know you were a moile! :blink:
  • loco_engr
    OK Steve, now ya have doing seach for a defination of what you just called me! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Well as it turns out . . . tonight at the family get together, found out he is now a future son-in-law!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    You DEVIL! :evil: B)
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    :-) Congratulations!
  • loco_engr
    Why, YES I am! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Thank You

Any luck in your area?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • 2Fategghead
    Here is a funny definition of what I found. I think you will like it. :woohoo:

I see there are many definitions here is one.

http://everything2.com/title/the+moile+with+the+clocks+in+his+window
  • 2Fategghead
    I would hold out for more mushrooms during the season and every year and get it in writing. :lol: