Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

small Easter disaster

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,527
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not a good idea trying to remove the snug nomex-lined ceramic top with both hands already full :( :blush:
eb28edf5.jpg
99cc11c4.jpg
now both my ceramic caps have battle scars :whistle:
Gary
canuckland

Comments

• c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Looks like you go it taken care of....After reading subject line, I thought.....is rabbit season still open? :evil:
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Gary of all people. I never figured you one for taking short cuts. You are so organized with your photography. Nice job on the repair by the way.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Gary, is JB Weld pre colored to match the Egg?
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Larry, long time no see, say hi to V.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Jack, no, you mix 50/50 black/white paste from the tubes. The final colour is actually dark gray but it blends in well with the egg's colour.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Hi Gary:

That looks green - Is there a tint that you can add to match the colour?

How long does the repair need to sit before you use it?

I'm sure this won't impact your Easter Cooking.

Michael
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Michael, if you look closely it's dark gray but blends in well with BGE green, c'mon you're the RGB professional, whatdaya expect when you mix 50/50 black/white JB toothpaste :P that was the small egg btw, did a similar repair for the large two winters ago. Not much cooking this emotional weekend so it'll have plenty of time to cure, the instruction says allow 4-6 hours to dry before handling, overnight (15 hours) before putting object to use ... a cousin just passed away this am at a young age, attending another cousin's daughter's wedding tonight. Your lamb looks good!
    Gary
    canuckland