Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

small Easter disaster

CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
edited 8:32AM in EggHead Forum
Not a good idea trying to remove the snug nomex-lined ceramic top with both hands already full :( :blush:
eb28edf5.jpg
99cc11c4.jpg
now both my ceramic caps have battle scars :whistle:
Gary
canuckland
·

Comments

• c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
    Looks like you go it taken care of....After reading subject line, I thought.....is rabbit season still open? :evil:
    ·
  • Gary of all people. I never figured you one for taking short cuts. You are so organized with your photography. Nice job on the repair by the way.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
  • Gary, is JB Weld pre colored to match the Egg?
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
    Larry, long time no see, say hi to V.
    Gary
    canuckland
    ·
    Jack, no, you mix 50/50 black/white paste from the tubes. The final colour is actually dark gray but it blends in well with the egg's colour.
    Gary
    canuckland
    ·
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    Hi Gary:

That looks green - Is there a tint that you can add to match the colour?

How long does the repair need to sit before you use it?

I'm sure this won't impact your Easter Cooking.

Michael
    ·
    Michael, if you look closely it's dark gray but blends in well with BGE green, c'mon you're the RGB professional, whatdaya expect when you mix 50/50 black/white JB toothpaste :P that was the small egg btw, did a similar repair for the large two winters ago. Not much cooking this emotional weekend so it'll have plenty of time to cure, the instruction says allow 4-6 hours to dry before handling, overnight (15 hours) before putting object to use ... a cousin just passed away this am at a young age, attending another cousin's daughter's wedding tonight. Your lamb looks good!
    Gary
    canuckland
    ·