Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prices for Large BGE Base and firebox?

TRPIV
TRPIV Posts: 278
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Gang,

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find a quick answer. I may need to move quickly, so I thought I'd just put this out there...

Does anyone know where I can find the cost of a large big green egg base and firebox? I guess I could call the distributors here in town, but none of them are open yet.

Trying to price these items out before I look before I leap (do something I may regret.)

Thanks in advance,
Ted

Comments

• Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    I just bought a large egg yesterday with plate setter and stone for around $950 (tax included). I think the egg was $849, then they had a deal for $75 of 'free' eggcessories.

We were on our way out of town, so I won't pick it up 'till Monday. EXCITED.
  • TRPIV
    Hey Thanks Brew,

I'm pretty set on the price for the complete large set up. What I'm looking for is the price for *just* the base (bottom) and the firebox for a large big green egg.

Ted
  • Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    Ah, I see. Please forgive me, I'm a NOOB at all this BGE talk. :blush:
  • TRPIV
    Hahahaha!
    No worries. I'm just as new as you are.

By the way, Congratulations on the new egg purchase.

You'd better start thinking about what you're going to make first. :)

T
  • TRPIV wrote:
    Hello Gang,

Does anyone know where I can find the cost of a large big green egg base and firebox?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ted

Suggested retail on each here on the west coast-

Base $449
    Firebox $184

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Sort'a sounds like a whole new rig........but, I guess not at the "new prices."
  • TRPIV
    Hey Smitty,

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because I came across a use large lid. The owner broke the base and the firebox. I was wondering if it would be worth buying it and piecing together a second large egg.

In this case, it doesn't sound like it would be worth it.

Glad I looked before I jumped on the purchase.

Thanks again!
    Ted
  • TRPIV wrote:
    Hey Smitty,

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because I came across a use large lid. The owner broke the base and the firebox. I was wondering if it would be worth buying it and piecing together a second large egg.

In this case, it doesn't sound like it would be worth it.

Glad I looked before I jumped on the purchase.

Thanks again!
    Ted

Maybe an option if you had the base to start with, as it is the most expensive piece to the Egg-puzzle.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA