Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smooth sailing into Easter's dinner

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Metaphorically speaking. ;)

BGEegretsrecipes0003.jpg

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Nice photo!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Hopefully there will be some left for the glaze. :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Ya got that right, already cracked it open and being taste-tested. On the rocks. I'm hooked on this stuff.

Honey is good for you. :P
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Clay!! I'm cooking Egret's ham, too! Good idea on the honey bourbon. I've done the cook before with regular bourbon, but I'll try the Wild Turkey American Honey tomorrow when I make the paste.
    BC
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey! How wonderful does that sound! I don't drink much but I am perfectly willing to change my ways. Thanks for the heads up Clay. :)

Blair
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice..Van Morrison here..
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Clay Q
    Options
    American Honey (Wild Turkey) is very good, was drinking that last summer. This is the first time trying out Jack Danial's version. I find it not as sweet with a little more pronounced toasted oak. Yes sir, this is right up my alley. Smooth and easy on the rocks. And soon in egret's ham. :cheer:
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Clay,
    I've got mine prepped too, albeit with Beam, not Jack. Got the ingredients for Kim's rum cake, too. Thinking about serving it with either strawberries macerated with sugar and Grand Marinier, or perhaps plain strawberries and Grand Marinier whipped cream. Gonna be a boozy Easter, I think.

We have friends whose son-in-law is Latvian/Swedish. After a trip back home over New Years this year, he brought back a selection of Scandinavian/Baltic booze. One of the bottles was something labelled mead. But unlike what I always envisioned mead to be (more beer-like in alcohol content), this was powerful powerful stuff. Everyone else was sputtering on theirs, but I thought it was great stuff. I'll have to ask them for the name of it, to do some more research. Ever heard of a 100ish proof mead?

Enjoy your ham. Blessed Easter to you and the missus. Give her a hug for us (and for Elly, of course).
  • Clay Q
    Options
    A little nip now and then for special occasions is just fine. Like tonight when the Brewers beat the Dickens out of the Astro's. :silly:
  • Clay Q
    Options
    No, don't know of it. But then I'm not a big drinker. I think of mead as a wine made from honey. If it's 100 proof, don't think it's mead. Could be vodka fortified with honey. Maybe an expert drinker will stumble in, we got a few here. :lol::whistle:

Honey is good for you.
  • Clay Q
    Options
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    correction: Lithuanian, not Latvian. And it appears that the stronger stuff is called Mead Nectar. Here's an example. If you click on the "fictile bottle" item, you see the packaging that is similar to what we had, although I don't think it was this brand. http://www.midus.lt/en.php?p=Product&pid=39
  • Clay Q
    Options
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Yeah, it's a blend. Adding mead to a neutral grain or starch distilled spirit, flavorings added. Mead Nectar sounds like a marketing name. 30% is mead the other 70% is some kind of spirit, I think vodka. I see the proof is 50% so that makes sense. That's my guess.
    Looks interesting, would like to try some on ice.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Like waking up in the morning or thinking "My what a wonderful day!" . . . that last one can be self generating if said to many times. :laugh:

My Dr. is threatening me with insulin, I may have a new way to make it a lot more enjoyable. LOL.

I can think of a lot of special occasions. ;)

smiley-eatdrink048.gif

Blair

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Looks great, Clay! Happy Easter to you and Diana...... :lol:
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Thanks,
    I wish you and Joan a beautiful Easter as well. :)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Le Oeuf Vert is spot on...... :lol:

Happy Easter to you and Diana.
  • Smokinb
    Smokinb Posts: 103
    Options
    I want the recipe! Take another picture, a little more wide angle!
  • Smokinb
    Smokinb Posts: 103
    Options
    I want the recipe! Take another picture, a little more wide angle!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    SMOOTH,indeed! B)