Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking to trade T-shirt for Pearl hotdog May 14

HungryMan
HungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone want to trade a package of Pearl hotdogs for the latest and greatest T-shirt? This will have to occur at Waldorf fest. I want to see if this hotdog is half as good as they say.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Why did you not make that offer here for the Sunshine? I bought about 40 lbs at BJ's prior to the fest. Call your local BJ's butcher.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Al, have you checked with BJ's? The one in Melbourne carries them. Maybe Tampa does too. You can buy without a membership, they just add 15% to the marked price.

And yes, they ARE that good. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HungryMan
    I tried a month ago. They didn't have them in Tampa. Is it worth a t-shirt trade.
  • HungryMan
    I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I would keep after BJ's up there. If they carry them here in Fort Myers they should be able to carry them in Tampa . . . you would think. I was in there today and they had at least 30 to 40#'s on the shelf, $6.99/2#'s. Great dogs!

Blair

• HungryMan
    Good Idea. I get to Ft. Myers often enough. T-shirt deal is OFF. What location in Ft. Myers?
  • But you still need real split-top New England style hot dog buns.
  • HungryMan
    OK, deal back on, but must include bun. I see the BJ's in Sarasota has the hotdogs. I'm just curious how a hotdog can be that much better. But I'm willing to try.
  • Gator Bait

The Fort Myers BJ's I shop is HERE.

Blair

• Gator Bait
    HungryMan wrote:
    I'm just curious how a hotdog can be that much better. But I'm willing to try.

Just read the nutritional label! :laugh:

Nobody ever said great dogs were health food. ;)

Blair

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Normally I would say the taste of Pearl's is the simple mystic of something you can't readily find in your market. Though this dates me, BUT I don't care - when I was in college in the early '60's the rage was a beer called COORS made out in CO. The line was it was unpasteurized so it had to be kept cold and therefore couldn't be transported across country yada yada yada.

Shift to warp speed and just a few years ago on this board we experienced the same thing about Pearl's Franks and then there was the LaBomba craze from Italy, but imported from Canada which BTW I still have 7 jars closely guarded!

And one last thing - if and when you find Pearl's then cook/egg/whatever way you like them. I have been ridiculed :laugh: because my wife and I LOVE them steamed so as to keep the spice unique to Pearl's inside the natural skin - but again to each his own!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    What did you have to go and ruin it for!

I leave my glasses off while I'm cooking them so I won't HAVE to read the label!
    Judy in San Diego
  • HungryMan, Stop it! The shirts are awesome. But when you score some pearls please remember me.

Bob
    NA Ga
  • Gator Bait
    I read the labels so I can better enjoy my sin's! :cheer:

And yes, most of my sins these days come with a nutrition label on them. :(

Blair
  • HungryMan
    I have passed it twice last month. I will try Tampa today, but they are not listed as having it. The Sarasota location shows it. I will call today to check.
  • HungryMan
    Looks like I will be able to get them in my travels. I Like Hotdogs, but I just want to see what thr rage is. I believe it one of the things you grow up eatting and it's more than the taste, the good memories. Wait until I put my chili I order from Detroit in it!
    DSC_0279.jpg
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    I once had to trade a hot dog for clothing. Not my proudest moment, but I'll domwhat it takes to survive
    :huh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante