Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

6 months in

Big Green GatorBig Green Gator Posts: 6
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
So, I have had my BGE for 6 months-ish, and been lurking on this forum trying out recipes and techniques, etc. I feel like I have most of the kinks worked out by now.

One thing i wished I learned earlier was the importance of a good digital thermometer to measure the dome temp. The therm that comes with the BGE can be wildly inaccurate, anywhere from 10 to 50 degrees. Once I got the digital thermometer, the cooks started coming out much better and much more consistent. Thats one piece of advice I would give to brand new eggers.

Thoughts?
·

Comments

• WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    What type of thermometer did you get?
    ·
  • If you consider replacement of the older stock BGE therm with one of the new BGE therms made by Tel-Tru, I think you would be much happier with the results. I was.
    ·
  • I bought the BGE digital Thermometer. It has two probes: one for dome temp and one for meat temp. I think it was $79.00 (??).
    ·