Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

6 months in

Big Green GatorBig Green Gator Posts: 6
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
So, I have had my BGE for 6 months-ish, and been lurking on this forum trying out recipes and techniques, etc. I feel like I have most of the kinks worked out by now.

One thing i wished I learned earlier was the importance of a good digital thermometer to measure the dome temp. The therm that comes with the BGE can be wildly inaccurate, anywhere from 10 to 50 degrees. Once I got the digital thermometer, the cooks started coming out much better and much more consistent. Thats one piece of advice I would give to brand new eggers.

Thoughts?

Comments

• WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    What type of thermometer did you get?
  • If you consider replacement of the older stock BGE therm with one of the new BGE therms made by Tel-Tru, I think you would be much happier with the results. I was.
  • I bought the BGE digital Thermometer. It has two probes: one for dome temp and one for meat temp. I think it was $79.00 (??).