Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

great deal for books for Ereaders

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in Off Topic
this is only good for this weekend. I paid 125 this summer for my life time membership and I think it is more now. this site is easy to use, has tons of books and about all the current best sellers, supports all types of Ereader. it is only 75.00 this weekend.
that is just a couple of the best sellers. you download onto your pc and then side load into your reader. not as fast as right off B&N or Amazon but to not be paying 10-15 for a current best seller?? it will pay for itself fast.
http://ebookalliance.net/forum/showthread.php/19375-Easter-Weekend-Lifetime-Access-75.00?p=28078#post28078

Comments

• They have shut down new registrations. Can't access.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    hmmm try here. and click the paypal button under where it says Easter weekend special 75.00
    http://ebookalliance.net/
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Thanks Julie. Just let my mom in on the deal. ;)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Awesome Julie - thanks for the notice. I just upgraded mine. That is a terrific price - lifetime books for the price of about 6-7 titles.
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    julie,

If you see this please feel free to email me through the forum or respond here. I am thinking about moving to an ereader. This site looks interesting, though it states all of their books are open source with no royalties due. How do they get the new releases? i guess I'm just looking for confirmation they have some of them on there....

Chris
  • Fidel
    They get a good many new releases and almost everything on the best seller lists. They are somehow affiliated with a major publishing house and that is how they get all the titles.

It's a very good service. They don't have everything you'll ever want, but you'll never run out of things to read. They have even reenacted their request service where you get a certain number of requests per month and they will try to get the book for you.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    is it legit? or is it a file-sharing model with the attendant 'iffiness' and copyright issues?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Guess that will bring down the price of rare books and first editions eh? Suck to be a collector wouldn't it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    it will have no effect on first edition prices. if anything, the prices will go up.

looking forward to learning of the official 'demise' of books myself. the death of books will simply signal their rebirth ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    stike wrote:
    looking forward to learning of the official 'demise' of books myself.

Oskar? Is that you?

MV5BMjA2MTExNzY3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTkwNDM2._V1._SX338_SY420_.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    Far as I can tell it is legit....the site certainly presents itself as such.
  • stike
    yeah. it looked legit.
    just wondering what the model is... maybe they have a deal to get as much cash upfront and allow sharing, because they figure in two years it'll be free just like music....

if i could finish one of these damn books i already have going, i'll be doing good.
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Thanks Julie and Fidel for the responses...still hesitating to make the move to electronic format, but it's either spend the money or time on another bookshelf, or go electronic....