Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

On the 7th day they were smoked!

toquinatoquina Posts: 94
edited 8:19PM in EggHead Forum
Finally my pork bellies are finished. After salt and sugar curing the pork for 6 days I had the pleasure of putting the bellies on the egg. I was a bit nervous of how they were going to turn out (I had recieved lots of great advice on the forum) I was draining the liquid each day and rewrapping the bellies. Next time I try this I am going let the bellies remain in the liquid and see what happens.
I am quite happy with the final results.

The egg had hickory chips and was at 200 degress for 3 hours.
3758bbb9.jpg
After about an hour
7497cd85.jpg
The finished product
8eca2a12.jpg
4bba2051.jpg

Enjoy!!!
http://athomecooking.wordpress.com
·

Comments

• ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    That looks to goooooooooooood. what type of wood did you use?
    ·
  • toquinatoquina Posts: 94
    Thanks !I used hickory, I think the next time I will try apple for something different.
    ·
  • Really nice lookin bacon :woohoo:
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    It looks great...did you find it to be overly salty?
    ·
  • ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    That sounds good to. Good luck and many happy meals.
    ·
  • toquinatoquina Posts: 94
    No not to salty for my tastes. However I am a salty type of guy I am trying out on others tonight I will let you know there feedback
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I also tend to use more salt than others..look forward to hearing comments from your guests...
    ·
  • So that's how you make bacon........
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Nice looking bacon.Speaking of Easter those slices look like rabbits.Have a good weekend, Randy
    ·