Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Minute Brisket Questions

Options
rogersab
rogersab Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys -

I've done a couple dozen pork butts and a hundred or so racks of ribs and I'm doing my first brisket Saturday. I have a few last minute questions.

I'm planning on cooking it fat side down over indirect at 230 using pecan for the first few hours and starting to check for tenderness using the whole fork-twist test at about 185. Sound right so far?

I have a full brisket (flat and point). Can someone post an easy way to tell the flat from the point once it's cooked. I'm no butcher and want to make sure I know what I'm looking at - one side has a layer of fat, the point is on the OTHER side, right? After the flat is done, while it's resting in the cooler, I'm planning on doing burnt ends with the point. At what point should I remove the point from the flat and what technique should I use. I've heard about 30 minutes into the rest, I'm assuming rewrap the flat and continue the rest, right?

Any last minute words of advice?

Andy

Comments