Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hot spots???

Rafter R
Rafter R Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
3-6 o'clock quadrant my piza crust was burnt in this section. Have any of you experienced hot spots? I used the plate setter, the hot spot would have been between the legs of the plate setter. I lit the egg in 3 spots to try for even heat. May have been some left over drippings from my low and slow brisket? Thoughts and comments?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    DR,

The back of the egg is generally hotter. You can turn your cooks halfway to overcome this. Did you use the platesetter alone or with a pizza stone?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Platesetter with legs at 12,4 and 8. You know you should spin the pizza about 2 or 3 times during the cook.
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    thanks for comments. I used the platesetter and grate only. I got the pizza from Papa Murphys and they said to cook it on the paper tray that it comes on (that is also how you do it in an oven) So I went with that. I will spin the pizza next time too. my platesetter legs were at 2, 6, and 10

after inspecting components today-after all was cool-the hot spot was in line with a spot on the platesetter that looked like it absorbed some grease. So I am guessing when that caught fire it gave me the hot spot. Anyway, I will rotate my pizza part way through and use the stone. btw, do you cook cookies directly on the stone? as a pizza?

P4200192.jpg