Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

porcelain kitchen & bath floor?

Options
Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Time for new kitchen and bath floors. Do any of you have porcelain floors? Do you like them? Does anyone have the laminate floors that you use grout between? I want something really bright for one of the baths, like the bright glass tiles, just larger & not glass. Hard to find item, any suggestions?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    ive seen the laminates with the grout, my only concern would be that they looked thinner than a standard tile, if the floor was really solid i think they would hold up. i grouted wine cork into the floor in mine this winter, will see how it stands up when the humidity comes this summer. so far i like it, nonslip, and warm stepping on it, even if its 40 degrees in the room. i think the glass would be slippery unless maybe it was textured
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Good point about the bath area being slippery ;) Thanks!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Susan,

We put porcelain tiles in our office and they have stood up well. When we put them in there were not a lot of patterns and colours to choose from. They are very resiliant.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    We have porcelain in the kitchen and bath and love it. We also took the bath tiles right up the walls in the shower. We put travertine in the foyer and I think I like that the best because there are hardly any grout lines at all but it also costs more. It depends on how large the area is to cover. The only suggestion I have is to be sure you don't get white grout. The grout in the kitchen was called Buckskin and it was a medium tan color. You can see now it is much darker. I love the tile because I can use my Sharp steamer and it feels so clean and fresh. Good luck.

Call us if you have any questions..

Kitchen
    DSC04714.jpg
    DSC04715.jpg

Bath
    DSC04716.jpg
    DSC04717.jpg

Foyer
    DSC04718.jpg
    DSC04719.jpg
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Thanks, all looks great. I like the darker grout :)
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    We've recently put this product (Adura) in our Foyer and Kitchen. Very durable and strong.
    http://www.mannington.com/Residential/Adura.aspx

Recommended!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Thanks, I have not seen that in any of the stores I have been in.