Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Egghead

atlpatsatlpats Posts: 102
edited 3:32PM in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to introduce myself. Picked up a large egg over the weekend. I have been waiting to buy one of these for years, and finally got the wife's approval to take the plunge. Amazed at the size of the BGE community and am thankful for all of the tips, recipes and shenanigans on the forum.

atlpats = New England Patriots fan in Atlanta

• WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,583
    Welcome! You will really like the egg. Large is a great size. Make sure you post some pics of your first cooks! Just wait until you ask the wife for approval on a second egg....
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Welcome Aboard! Your life is about to change :) :laugh: :)
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Welcome!! your gonna love your agg and this board!!
  • KortneysKortneys Posts: 23
    I, too, bought a large egg last Friday. I cooked on it all weekend - pizzas, bananas foster, beer can chicken, chicken breasts and wings. I have a couple of pork chops taking a balsamic vinegar, parsley, garlic, and basil bath right now. I will be firing these bad boys up on Friday...can't wait. Welcome Atlpats!
    Indianapolis, Indiana.  Go Colts & Hoosiers!
  • Eging is a kick in the butt!! Welcome and enjoy.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Welcome to the forum. Like the others have said "Your life is about to change." ;)

A lot of folks here use an instant read meat thermometer called thermapen by
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,241
    If you haven't already gotten a plate setter, or even if you have check out the stuff at the Tom makes some amazing things that can completely change the capacity and functionality of the egg. Welcome!!!!!!!!! And ENJOY ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,411
    Welcome to you also.

It sounds like you're off to a good start.
    Barry Lancaster, PA
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Welcome to the madness! :woohoo:
  • PapaBPapaB Posts: 146
    Welcome, but I'm a ATL Season tic holder for many years....we'll get you soon.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,771
    A fast start is available thru a great list of links provided by "Grandpas Grub"

After a few cooks, I do believe your wife will wish you had taken the plunge earlier!
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,356
    Hang your hat by the door and welcome aboard, the fun has just begun!
    Large, small and mini SW Austin