Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru

Options
407BGE
407BGE Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Its been a couple of weeks since I last used the BBQ Guru. When I fired it up it read 150 degrees BEFORE I lit the fire. It continued to read 75 degree hot(using a calibrated temp gauge as my guide) for the first 3-4 hours and then began to run true.

The food temp read --- or bad sensor and only began to work after 3-4 hours.

Was it the moisture? How did it solve itself? Anyone else has similar issues?

FYI This is the second set a probes and they are a bit over a year old.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    407BGE, I have never had that problem. My CyberQ II is around 18 months old and I never have had to change the probes. I must say in the 18 or what ever months I've had it I don't think I've used it 18 times. When I do use it I have had no problems.

First off some of the BBQ Guru people are eggheads and belong to this forum so they may chime in and help you. If not I do suggest you give them a call. Their tech support is fantastic. ;)

(800)288-4878
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Haven't had the issue either. Second the vote to give them a buzz, they will certainly help you out. I have had my cyberQ II for a couple of years, and I'd say I've used it at least 200 times. I had a problem about a year ago where it would kick on briefly even if the displayed pit temp was above the pit temp setting. After speaking with the Guru folks I sent in my cyber Q, all probes and blowers and they tested everything out and had it back in the mail to me within a few days. Been working fine ever since.