Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Where to purchase Stoker?

edited 4:55PM in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,

I have been thinking about getting a Stoker. I've done a few long cooks and I really don't feel I *need* it, I just want one for the nerd factor.

I've asked around and found that the only place to purchase them is directly from RocksBBQ. I was (am?) actively working with the good folks at Rocks BBQ and had hoped to have one for this weekend. Turns out they won't have any in stock until after 4/27/2011. Kind of a bummer, but it's totally understandable. Supply. Demand. No worries there.

I could order the other popular brand, but I'm kind of set on the ability to access and change my pit temps from my phone, xoom, laptop, etc.

Do any of you good folks know of anyone selling a used Stoker?

I know I can simply wait for one, but I thought I'd ask.

Any suggestions?

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I don't have one for sale and don't know anybody. Good luck. Tim
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    LOL - thanks Tim.

I'm pretty sure I'll be at rocksbbq's front door on the 27th with my nose pressed to the glass waiting for them to get their shipment.

• AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    It will be worth the wait and fun to play with.

Really impressive geek factor when your smoker sends a text message to let you know the brisket is done!! B)
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Go to ace and buy a piece of 1/4. " cold rolled steel bar.....$4
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    thebtls wrote:
    Go to ace and buy a piece of 1/4. " cold rolled steel bar.....$4

Humm... I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Or maybe (most likely) I'm missing the subtle humor. :blush:

I'm talking about the computer temp controller which allows you to receive updates on the pit temp/food temp via wireless device (Phone, Tablet, Wii, TV, Computer).