Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mainegg\'s Roasted Tomatoes, and Dolphin Watching

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Julie made this at the FL fest after party, and it was so good I made it for some friends Saturday night.

Julie's recipe:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1073097&catid=1

This is just after adding the tomatoes in with the EVOO and garlic~

P4160098.jpg

With the feta and fresh basil added~

P4160100.jpg

Wow, was it good, everyone raved over it.

P4170150.jpg

Made a few batches of marinated wings, they were gone in about 2 minutes!

P4160099.jpg

Sunday we went on a boat ride~

P4170130.jpg

P4170131.jpg

We found a family of dolphins, there were a few babies, too~

P4170123.jpg

P4170125.jpg

P4170140.jpg

They came pretty close to the boat. One of the babies came right up and checked us out, but I couldn't snap a picture fast enough.

P4170139.jpg

Yes, we brought the leftover tomatoe & garlic dip along on the boat as an afternoon snack. The girls:

P4170143.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Great job as always Faith and your views on the water are spectacular. I definitely want to try Julie's tomato dissh... ;)
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    I've been salivating over that tomato dish since Julie's post. Must buy some cherry tomatoes and try it this weekend. Maybe a good dish to take on Easter! Love the boat pictures.
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Wow what a treat.We both always enjoy the boat ride adventures.Thanks, Randy
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Teresa, make sure you buy grape tomatoes. It tastes just as good the next day, I thought. It would be great to bring for Easter.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I wanna be on that boat :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I must say I was a little disappointed. I read Roasted Tomatoes and Dolphin and I thought I was going to get to see a VERY unique dish! :whistle:

Just kidding! Beautiful looking dish and beautiful scenery in all the pics.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Ha, I bet you do, Pat.

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Faith, this was just the post I needed to read at work. Nothing like a little vicarious dolphin watching and eating some good appetizers! Thanks. :)

P.S. I didn't get a crab cake at the afterparty. :( I always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Smokey, the same thing happened when I mentioned manatees in the headline, people thought I was cooking those, too!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Sorry, Rebecca. I will try to save one for you next time.

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nothing better than hanging with the girls, great food and terrific scenery!! Soul feeding!
    Great pictures Faith.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, Molly, wish you were here!

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Great photos....looks like a lovely way to spend the afternoon. :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL post Miss Faith! I was ALL set to make that mater dish after I saw the post/rave reviews of it at the SSFest.I went to Kroger and the little maters were nearly $4/pack! :angry: I passed,but planted 8 cherry mater plants today.I can wait! :laugh: Yours loooks MITEEFINE though.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, Elizbth, it was!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hoss, you need to make it, it's a crowd pleaser.

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Faith, the food looks wonderful, as always!!! Looked like a fun afternoon on the water... How cool to see those dolphins... :)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Faith I've often wondered if there's anybody else on the forum who enjoys life as much as you do. Beautiful
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    AnnaG, I'm glad you got to see this. You would have loved seeing those dolphins.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Well, Beli, that is very nice of you to say. I think there is quite a bit of evidence that you and yours are enjoying life equally as much!

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Glad I got to see both as well... Just luck on my part. :)

What is your opinion of my Uncle and co-worker's daughters getting an egg? I am thinking a lg to start, but my Uncle likes to do things big... Lol He seems to want the XL and a fancy table to go with it. Btw, he is located in the Asheville, NC area.

The co-worker's daughters have no clue they are getting eggs for Christmas, so they will be fine with a large.

Found out from Susan that Nature Boy will be opening a store in the Fairfax, VA area. That takes care of one daughter. Need to find out where the other daughter lives and find a dealer for her. I think she is in the Seattle area, but not 100% sure. The main thing is that they find a great dealer that will get them started and enjoying their eggs. :)