Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook in its new home

Options
Wooly Swampman
Wooly Swampman Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Finally finished everything. Now I do not know what to do with all of my spare time. I am proud of it and will not be building another any time soon.

First%20Cook.JPG

Finished1.JPG

Just need a bottle opener and some hooks and she is done.

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Nice table, I like your granite choice. Now just enjoy!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    That's a very fine table....I've got my husband on the hunt for plans right now. We have a large and a small and I'd like something stationary for both - a corner unit?? We'll be looking forever, I'm sure. You should be proud - yours looks great! :)
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Great tavle. I've seen it recommended many times to still use the feet between the egg and the granite.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Yes, Hic is correct, you should put your little green feet under the egg to provide an air space between the egg and the granite. There have been posts on here about the wood underneath catching fire.
    Put one under the hinge in back and space the other two @ 4 and 8 o'clock positions.

That is a very nice table, you will enjoy it for years :)
  • Wooly Swampman
    Options
    Mine was a gift and did not come with the feet. I cut 3 pieces of ceramic tile to fit under the egg. It raises the egg up about 1/4" and looks like it gives it plenty of room. I had a pretty hot egg tonight and checked the bottom of the granite where the tiles were and it was cool to touch. I hope I have given enough room under the egg.?
  • memphistigerman
    Options
    Wow, wooly Swampman love your table just bought one myself two days ago,wish i would have seen this pic two days ago went out and bought a concrete stepping stone slab for my BGE. It does not look as good as yours. I am going to get a granite stone like yours soon.
  • CaptDave
    CaptDave Posts: 54
    Options
    I really like the finish you decided on... very pretty against the stone and BGE. Nice contrast!
  • Wooly Swampman
    Options
    Thanks Capt. I used a gloss urethane on the top and semi gloss on the rest of the table. It really brought out a good color in the oak.

Does anyone know if I should put anything on the granite to protect it, or will it be fine?
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Looks like a great table setup, time now for ribs and chicken and steak and seafood and.... :cheer:
  • MemphisQue
    MemphisQue Posts: 610
    Options
    Great looking table. Nice touch with the granite