Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First abt's

wattwizzwattwizz Posts: 33
edited 3:49AM in EggHead Forum
Cooked indirect at 250 dome for almost 3 hours and the bacon never got crisp. Very good but would like to have a little crunch. Should I crank up the heat? Thanks for any advice.

Greg

Comments

• I cook them at 350-375 direct, but I know some people use a plate setter with that temperature, too.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,897
    Direct about 375 and less than an hour.
    photo-25.jpg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• ibandaibanda Posts: 464
    I cook 'em indirect with a drip pan at 350° for an hour or hour and fifteen. The bacon crisps up pretty good.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • beaver53beaver53 Posts: 9
    Looks good but WHAT is an abt
  • wattwizzwattwizz Posts: 33
    Atomic buffalo turd. Endless variations but basically a cored out jalapino stuffed with cheese and meat (I used cream cheese and Little Smokies)wraped in bacon. Have to try these. Really good!

Greg
  • beaver53beaver53 Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info.Im Learning slow but sure.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,888
    Yeah- 250 it would take a while ;). If you are hungry you can partially cook the bacon before you wrap them. It also helps to stretch them kinda thin. Then again, laying it on thick means more bacon fat so you really win either way.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.