Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First abt's

Options
wattwizz
wattwizz Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked indirect at 250 dome for almost 3 hours and the bacon never got crisp. Very good but would like to have a little crunch. Should I crank up the heat? Thanks for any advice.

Greg

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I cook them at 350-375 direct, but I know some people use a plate setter with that temperature, too.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Direct about 375 and less than an hour.
    photo-25.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I cook 'em indirect with a drip pan at 350° for an hour or hour and fifteen. The bacon crisps up pretty good.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • beaver53
    beaver53 Posts: 9
    Options
    Looks good but WHAT is an abt
  • wattwizz
    wattwizz Posts: 33
    Options
    Atomic buffalo turd. Endless variations but basically a cored out jalapino stuffed with cheese and meat (I used cream cheese and Little Smokies)wraped in bacon. Have to try these. Really good!

Greg
  • beaver53
    beaver53 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the info.Im Learning slow but sure.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Yeah- 250 it would take a while ;). If you are hungry you can partially cook the bacon before you wrap them. It also helps to stretch them kinda thin. Then again, laying it on thick means more bacon fat so you really win either way.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.