Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

135* F to 170* F Internal, In 14\".

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 3:43AM in EggHead Forum
Had a Whole Cabrería Beef Tenderloin .The most succulent beef cut from the tenderloin attached to the bone nearest to the back part of beef. It measured 14"& I cut 6 bone in tenderloin steaks just over 2'each. S & P & ready to sear. The BGE oval plate is the one we won in Salado TX

DSCN7368.jpg

But first, the most demanding of our guests wanted his pepperoni & cheese pizza :laugh:

DSCN7363.jpg

DSCN7365.jpg

Seared at 500* +.................................

DSCN7381.jpg

Out for a rest.........Had Molly's smoking Merlot Chips ready, Rubbed with Dizzy Dust & Lea Perrins Worcestershire..

DSCN7396.jpg

Back on the Large at 380* ........................

DSCN7404.jpg

This cut's shape and diameter variation from wide to narrow, allowed me to get 135* F internal in the wider part & 170*F in the narrower part.Since our guests are more on the 160 * + term I just left it natural. So juicy & tender...............

DSCN7414.jpg

The juices were amazing..............................

DSCN7424.jpg

Loren cooked a potato soufflé with my mom's recipe, came out Delicious

DSCN7406.jpg

Served also with green salad

DSCN7419.jpg

Our guests seemed to approve, Jimmy actually said this was his best ever, think he wants to come back soon.. :whistle:

DSCN7423.jpg

And everybody else seemed happy too.................Have a great week................

DSCN7431.jpg

Last time I cooked this cut was in honour of Car Wash Mike's 12,000 posts on the forum around february 2010 I think.
·

Comments

• icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    I just ate and man I could eat all of what was on your egg!!!!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    My friend, I thought it'd be ok for 6 of us normal people :laugh: , once we started it was more like enough for 4 not so normal people :laugh: Actually good enough for 2 of us BGE guys :whistle:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Beli, Beli, Beli, You soaked the wine soaked chips??? :huh:
    That looks so terrific!! You're right, the juices, wow.
    Little man is a cutie!! Glad everyone enjoyed.
    I went to the metaphysical fair today and thought of you.

MetaphysicalFair2011004.jpg
    :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Amazing cook. That cut of beef must be very delicious. Your guests must have been very pleased. :P :)
    ·
    Molly I thought of just a quick soak so they lasted a bit longer...won't do it next time... ;) The methafisical fair he? did you wear your bell bottoms Molly? What did you do?
    ·
    Tim I'm sure you'd appreciate it, sure you can get it over there....
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    IMPRESSIVE!,but then again,you ALWAYS are! :)
    ·
    Hey my friend tks sooo good to hear from you, where were you?
    ·
    Beli...If it were Hoss and I ...there would have been a fight for the scraps if there had been any!!

Of course I am a tiny little thing!!! :whistle:
    ·
    Beli...If it were Hoss and I ...there would have been a fight for the scraps if there had been any!!

Of course I am a tiny little thing!!! :whistle:
    ·
    :laugh: Sure, well now I know what to expect when you two show down here, at least i think I've got enough BGE' S installed capacity to start
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    That's one amazing cook Beli! Your posts always leave me thinking "this is one lucky guy" - beautiful home, lovely family and friends - and he cooks like crazy! :)
    ·
    Elizabeth thank you for your kind words, I must say sharing it with kind, honest & talented friends here on the forum, means a lot to me
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Beli, that is a phenomenal piece of beef and you certainly did it justice! :)

Sure wish I lived near your butcher.
    ·
    TKS Rebecca, I won't be having any dinner tonight :laugh: , saw some Fla photos & you in them, you guys had a blast, poor bill You & Todd are a menace together :laugh: must try & go next year
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Been working out of town with no internet. :(
    ·
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    Beli, this cook is not of this world !
    ·
  • gjk12040gjk12040 Posts: 4
    EggSimon wrote:
    Beli, this cook is not of this world !
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Wow... what a meal! That cut of beef looked incredible.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
    My dear friend TKS, but I wish the angels don't help me just jet
    ·
    TKS buddy, the bone in sure improves the tenderloin flavour tremendously
    ·
  • CheloChelo Posts: 22
    Hello Beli,

Looks Fantastic,

I have to try that as soon as I can....

I forgot to thank you for the Portobello recipe....I made some with feta cheese and some with meet and cheese
    ·
  • wow, Beli, you get the most spectacular cuts of meat where you live. And you surely did justice to it. It looks awesome.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Everything looks great Beli! That little guy is going to be a hearbreaker when he grows up.
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Good looking pizza and tremendous beefasaurus steaks,potatoes looked creamy and delicious. Thanks for sharing,Randy
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Another fantastic cook and photo shoot!!!
    ·
    Tks Chelo, glad to know the portobellos worked out for you
    ·
    Tks Faith, it was great to see you & many of our friends in Fla having a blast hope to join you next year
    ·
    Teresa, he is a natural :laugh:
    ·
    Hey Randy Thank You for your kind words
    ·