Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's dinner

Options
Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was inspired by MudPigs post the other day about a brined chicken. So yesterday put one in a brine of 1/2 cup each of Kosher salt & brown sugar, 2 bay leaves, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic and a little honey. Let it soak for about 24 hours.
IMAG0368.jpg

Removed it from the brine and rinsed well. Then rubbed with RichardFL's Magical Mystery Blend & DP's Shakin the Tree and let it sit in the fride for a couple of hours.
IMAG0371.jpg

Enjoyed a breakfast libation of champagne & freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, YUM! Today was hot and this was very refreshing.
IMAG0369.jpg

Sweet potatoes, mixed peppers and sweet onion with EVOO & DP Pineapple Head and Tsunami Spin on my new mini Lodges.
IMAG0375.jpg

Not a pretty plated picture, but a very good dinner!
IMAG0377.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Looks mightnear too good to eat!Great cook!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Very fine looking dinner. He inspired me too....I'll be posting my dinner pics soon! ;)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Teresa:

I loved that drink!

It was a lovely meal. Tell me if brining was an essential. I can't cram another thing in my refrigerator, but if I have to try it, I just may go out and buy another fridge.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Teresa that plate looks great from here but the champagne breakfast sounds very adventurous :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    So what did you think of the bird Teresa? Really nice meal, love them veggies. What is the pink pig? Also, the plated picture, is that a candle stick pig holder?
    I see you got the oval CI like mine and a square, very cool.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    very nice, Elizabeth!! I used to brine chicken for frying, havent tried it on the egg yet, how good was it?
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Teresa, looks as if you had the Breakfast of Champions there with your libations and the chicken looks just as good! :)
  • Fluffyb
    Options
    Judy, I happened to have the space this weekend, a rarity! Would love to have a spare fridge. I thought the brine really added to the flavor of the meat. Especially liked the hint of honey running throughout.
  • Fluffyb
    Options
    Molly,
    We both thought it was really good. The skin was a little salty, too much rub I think. But the meat was tender & juicy. The pink pig is a timer I found at Fresh & Easy, couldn't resist it. The candle holders are bunnies.