Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

135* F to 170* F Internal, In 14\".

Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a Whole Cabrería Beef Tenderloin .The most succulent beef cut from the tenderloin attached to the bone nearest to the back part of beef. It measured 14"& I cut 6 bone in tenderloin steaks just over 2'each. S & P & ready to sear. The BGE oval plate is the one we won in Salado TX

DSCN7368.jpg

But first, the most demanding of our guests wanted his pepperoni & cheese pizza :laugh:

DSCN7363.jpg

DSCN7365.jpg

Seared at 500* +.................................

DSCN7381.jpg

Out for a rest.........Had Molly's smoking Merlot Chips ready, Rubbed with Dizzy Dust & Lea Perrins Worcestershire..

DSCN7396.jpg

Back on the Large at 380* ........................

DSCN7404.jpg

This cut's shape and diameter variation from wide to narrow, allowed me to get 135* F internal in the wider part & 170*F in the narrower part.Since our guests are more on the 160 * + term I just left it natural. So juicy & tender...............

DSCN7414.jpg

The juices were amazing..............................

DSCN7424.jpg

Loren cooked a potato soufflé with my mom's recipe, came out Delicious

DSCN7406.jpg

Served also with green salad

DSCN7419.jpg

Our guests seemed to approve, Jimmy actually said this was his best ever, think he wants to come back soon.. :whistle:

DSCN7423.jpg

And everybody else seemed happy too.................Have a great week................

DSCN7431.jpg

Last time I cooked this cut was in honour of Car Wash Mike's 12,000 posts on the forum around february 2010 I think.

Comments