Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma was always "his" Fest!!

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thinking about you this weekend Mike!

OklahomaEggFeat20056.jpg

I'll have some ribs on just in case you show...

Evans
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Good post, Evans. I miss him dearly.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    DSCF0738.jpg
    A man on a mission with ribs at every fest.
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Nice one, that was my first fest with Mike. He was the one that talked me in to going and brought me a great selection of wood from chigger creek. Wish I looked that sexy in skull cap! lol
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    When Mickey announced the BGE skull cap as a door prize, you know where my thoughts went -- then my number was called :side: :( :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I thought the same thing.
    Thanks for posting Evans.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Denver after party 2009

Denverfest2009037.jpg

Denverfest2009041.jpg

Denverfest2009046.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Chubby, I remember Mike would always tell everyone that Oklahoma was the best of the fests. You can't help but think of Mike when the Oklahoma fest is mentioned. He said it was his stomping grounds.

That picture of Ann and Mike is precious. :)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    sure do miss him and his phone calls :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    She had his number for sure.., and always enjoyed "laying it on thick" when it came to him!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • TulsaMurph
    TulsaMurph Posts: 131
    Options
    Nice Post! Yes, I thought of Mike as well. I suppose all of us who knew him did. Glad we got to share the times we did!