Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eenie meenie's grand prize table is home!

Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have a winner!!! Eggstatic is the word. :woohoo:
0064.jpg

eenie meenie has fun building her new table at home.
0196.jpg

0198.jpg

0201.jpg

0203.jpg

0207.jpg

0210.jpg

0216.jpg

Got her new small egg in the table and this sweet setup is ready to cook. This is taking the egg experience up a couple of levels. I cannot think of a more deserving egghead. ;) Wishing many joyful cooks to eenie meenie!
0233.jpg

That evening she cooked up a fantastic dinner for us! She is the MASTER of the flames. More pic's to follow.
0244.jpg

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Even his sawdust is art...

Congratulations.

Spring "Sawdusty Toes" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • TBQue
    TBQue Posts: 103
    Congrats on the win!!!! The egg looks awesome in its new table...
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Alright Rebecca, you have to invite the Jungle Jim's crew for dinner :) :P :woohoo:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Clay what masterful woodworking. The table is a work of art!
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Clay Q
    Spring Chicken,
    I wanted to share some of my ideas on the table with you before I went down to Florida but I was working day and night and there was no time. Sorry. On the way home I was reassessing my priorities and I've got to slow down. I would like your opinion on some new ideas for a large table. After I clean up our downed trees I'll send you an e-mail. Work, work, work. :(
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

WOW! That table is gorgeous Clay and I agree it couldn't have gone to a nicer egghead. happyTUTEMP.gif

Congratulations Rebbeca, that rig couldn't ask for a better home. :)

Blair

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Hahaha Clay, I beat you by a few minutes on the post, lol.

I can't help but constantly look out the window at your piece of art. Right now it is raining and the table is covered. At least it's not snowing.

I can not thank you enough for making and even delivering the egg table.

Grazie Mille! :)
  • Clay Q
    It was my pleasure. :cheer:
    I'm going to set up my French easel today and pull down a few of my oil painting books by Gregg Kreutz. I'm energized.
    I'll shoot you mail on table maintenance and oiling sometime soon.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    your table found a perfect home. a more appreciative owner could not be found.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    You've got that right Bill!!

;)
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    bill and Chubby, it certainly has found a loving and appreciative home! :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I do not know about anyone else there, but my and Neils ears are STILL ringing from her screams!! :woohoo: she might have been one of the shortest eggers there but every leap she took to get to Tim to claim her egg and table put her about a foot over the tallest there!
  • Clay Q
    I think the term is "pogo sticking". :woohoo: "bong" :woohoo: "bong" :woohoo: "bong" :woohoo:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Clay that was very nice of you & that table a work of art, BTW we call the MASTERS of the flames Pyromaniacs here. :laugh: :woohoo:
  • Clay Q
    "Pryomaniacs"....kinda catchy. I like it. :laugh:
    When I first meet eenie meenie she was tossing Korean beef ribs on Flapoolman's egg at the after party last year and she handled the flames (that shot up a foot tall) like a pro. I was immediately impressed. :)

Thanks for your kind words about my table.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You're a heck of an artist Clay!! I bow to you. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Chicken
    Be happy to share your ideas if you will share one or two with me. I'm looking for ideas on how to make corrugated tin to 1/12th scale to go on my 1/12th scale model of the Chicken Coop. Here's the link to the YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfwq7NiTF64

I already tried buying some but the only thing even close was 1/24th scale roofing for model railroad buildings. It's too small and too thin for what I need.

I'll have to make it myself and not being a metal crafter I'm stuck between two 2 X 4's with nothing to bend.

Spring "Cheep Ideas Expressed Real Cheep" Chicken
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    excuse me for butting in, but does it have to be metal? Could you use plastic and just paint it silver? Not that I have an idea for sure, but I think I've seen corrugated sheets like that "somewhere"!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Thats an amazing looking table!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Good timing... I just sent you an email.

Spring "Timing And Location Is Everything Except Sometimes It Doesn't Work" Chicken
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    And a most extraordinary piece of art it is! You're a real genius, Clay! :lol:
  • Clay Q
    First idea that comes to mind; Press to shape soft tin between two boards of hardwood. Glue up flat stock hardwood (such as maple or oak) 4 pieces of 3/4" thick by 6" x 6". This will give you a block 6" x 6" x 3" thick. Draw your desired 1/12 scale radius of roofing profile down the middle on the block edge and then cut into two pieces with a fine blade in your bandsaw following the line you have drawn. Soft sheet tin with a thin enough gauge can be pressed formed. I'm thinking C clamps will do the job or a large bench vice. Would be fun to somehow secure and align the 'sandwich' of wood blocks and then drive over the blocks with your truck to press form the tin. :woohoo:

If you require a larger sheet of roofing you can press form in stages across the tin. You can adapt this idea to the dimensions you need. Anyway, it's my first thought.
  • Spring Chicken
    I tried something similar using a router with a bull-nose bit. I cut two parallel grooves with a ridge in between. I laid a flat sheet of aluminum over the grooves and then I pressed a metal rod down into the grooves. The metal did not want to bend that much.

I noticed before hand that all the indentions cannot be made at one time without stretching the metal. It will have to be moved forward one 'up' groove and one 'down' groove at a time.

I used oak and it didn't do well. I suppose I could try your method but with only one 'up' and one 'down' indention, leaving the rest flat.

By the way, I only have a benchtop bandsaw.

Thanks.

Spring "Indented To You" Chicken
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    outstanding design!!! looks great! ray
  • Clay Q
    I've had my coffee, I got another idea. :) Build a frame that will secure dowels (or pipe or rod) in a vertical position but are removable as well. The dowels match the radius of your tin roof to scale and are spaced accordingly. Insert two dowels to start on one end of the frame and then insert sheet tin between the dowels and start bending the tin by hand around the second dowel. I guess a clamp to hold the tin in place at the starting edge would be needed. This will be like basket weaving. Bend enough to be on the opposite side of the next dowel by 90 degrees. Insert next dowel over and bend around that 90 degrees in the opposite direction. Repeat.
  • Spring Chicken
    Hummmmmm! Might just work. I'll think on it and might just try it. Thanks...

One of my original thoughts was to split a 1/4" dowell and glue the two halves to two pieces of 3/4" MDF. I would double-hinge one side edge (mostly for stability) and then lay a sheet of thin aluminum flush with the back edge. Then I would use clamps to compress the two MDF boards togeher.

Then I would move the aluminum forward one ridge and do it again and again.

But I couldn't figure out how to split 1/4" dowells.

By then I was out of 1/4" dowells.

I keep telling myself that I just need a good jig. And asking myself, "What would Norm do?"

Spring "Try Try Try Again" Chicken
  • Clay Q
    Split a 1/4" dowel....hummmm. Tricky. By sanding. Or draw shave followed by a cabinet scraper. Or block plane with the dowel somehow secured....with double sided tape? Or hot glue?
  • Spring Chicken
    Good thinking....

I might just route a 1/4" groove 1/8" deep in a board, double stick tape the dowell in the groove and plane it down far enough to belt sand it the last lick. Then do another one.

I suppose if push came to shove, I could just make a bunch of half-dowells and glue them to a thin piece of model airplane plywood to make it look half way good.

Naaaaaa....

There's always another way to skin a dowell.

Thanks.

Spring "Skin And Sawdust" Chicken
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Congratulations... Very nice table!!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Chelo
    Chelo Posts: 22
    Congratulation that is a nice looking table