Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Steaks

Options
bean town griller
bean town griller Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a bunch of salmon steaks and plan on cooking tonight. Embarrassed to say this, but owned my egg for nearly a year and this will be the first time I've prepared fish... Guess I got caught up with all of the other great recipes/foods from this forum.[p]Anyone have any ideas on a good and relatively simple (given the time) way to cook? I was thinking of cooking with some Dizzy Tsunami Spin, but please make some recommendations.

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    bean town griller,
    I'm doing the Dizzy Ragin' River Maple/Butter Salmon tonight for guests. My wife would eat this every night. The recipe calls for filets, but I bet you could make those steaks work just fine. Go to Dizzy Pig and check out the recipe. It's a real keeper.[p]Mike

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    bean town griller,
    Here are a few options:
    - marinate in burbon and honey and cook direct
    - rub with jamaican jerk rub & grill direct. baste with maple syrup & butter mixture
    - rub with fresh dill & lemon and grill direct
    - grill direct and baste with butter & brown sugar[p]That should give you a few idears to ponder :o}> Joe

• bean town griller, Marinate in italian dressing for an hour.
    Grill direct on a fish/veggie pan if you have one at 350 for about 15 or 20 min per side adding a little alder or fruitwood (apple or cherry) smoke along the way. Good luck!!
    Peace...

• bean town griller
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Ended up waiting to cook the salmon until today... [p]Did them with a combo of what everyone recommended (improvised really). Skinned the steaks and cut a lemon and stuck on the fat side of the steak with dill, salt and pepper. Folded and closed with a toothpick. Sprayed some oil on the outside of the steak, coated lightly with chef paul's seafood magic. Came out real good!!! Used cook temps/times posted by you FatBack.[p]Thanks everyone![p]Bean town